Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WXYZ Mornings

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
mwms9872

WXYZ Mornings

Post by mwms9872 » Fri May 15, 2020 9:06 pm

In the mornings I frequently see Alicia, Keenan or the weather guy getting cut off mid sentence by a commercial and or the end of a commercial gets cut to go back to Alicia/Keenan. Seems SLOPPY to me. Same with GMA when they cut over from Ginger Z to our weather guy it’s sloppy.

BTW. Ginger Z.... :rollin HOT!

SixPlusOne

Re: WXYZ Mornings

Post by SixPlusOne » Sat May 16, 2020 8:28 am

mwms9872 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:06 pm
In the mornings I frequently see Alicia, Keenan or the weather guy getting cut off mid sentence by a commercial and or the end of a commercial
Having worked there its called a "hard break". Sometimes especially approaching the top of the hour a specific time for the "end break" is in the computer and if the talent chats too long they can be cut off because the computer will go ahead and start that break. Back in the earlier days we had stage managers who could keep a closer tab on time for the talent however TV stations in their wisdom decided they could get along without them. Saving a buck became more important than a "clean" show.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat May 16, 2020 10:12 am

SixPlusOne wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 8:28 am
mwms9872 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:06 pm
In the mornings I frequently see Alicia, Keenan or the weather guy getting cut off mid sentence by a commercial and or the end of a commercial
Having worked there its called a "hard break". Sometimes especially approaching the top of the hour a specific time for the "end break" is in the computer and if the talent chats too long they can be cut off because the computer will go ahead and start that break. Back in the earlier days we had stage managers who could keep a closer tab on time for the talent however TV stations in their wisdom decided they could get along without them. Saving a buck became more important than a "clean" show.
7 has talent that tends to be overly chatty at times.. I think a couple of them lose track of what they are doing.

696lover

Post by 696lover » Sun May 17, 2020 6:43 am

7 lost a lot of long time tech people to retirement, the last few years. Plus they cleaned house, firing people on either side of the camera who told the truth in legal discovery about Mike Murri promoting Maddox after he metooed the intern in the parking lot.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic