Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gretchen the Media Queen

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
audiophile

Re: Gretchen the Media Queen

Post by audiophile » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:56 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:45 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:36 pm
Fake.
What part of the demonstration is fake?

OR did the test prove that masks are giving a false sense of security?

OR that tests don't meet the narrative of some political agenda? (Namely for Whitmer, and Against Trump?)

OR simply better masks should be worn? (I'm not a hypocrite - I always wear a p100 mask, because other ones are a joke)

What did the no-masks policy of Sweden do the case load compared to Michigan?
Are you going to avoid answering this MCRF?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:09 am

I'm just gonna leave this here for a little context:

USA is 8th worldwide per capita
24th worldwide in case-fatality ratio

The USA in general, and Michigan in particular, are actually doing pretty well compared to many other countries.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... case-count

Yes, our total number seems very high, and it is, but you have to keep in mind our H*** population.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:18 am

JLesinski wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:09 am
I'm just gonna leave this here for a little context:

USA is 8th worldwide per capita
24th worldwide in case-fatality ratio

The USA in general, and Michigan in particular, are actually doing pretty well compared to many other countries.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... case-count

Yes, our total number seems very high, and it is, but you have to keep in mind our H*** population.
I think it has a lot to do with innovation.

Doctors here were willing to try to save their patients with unique treatments, due to diversity in the medical systems.

The national health care plans in Europe probably had a rigid national regimen and took longer to adapt.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:37 am

R Bedell wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:14 am
NPR ??? The Bastion of DNC Propaganda in slow motion.
It makes you wonder why the news shows never put up those statistics. Why dont they ever say that the USA is actually 24th in case-fatality ratio? That we are doing better than 23 other countries?

XX new deaths!!! is pretty much all we hear.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:56 am

JLesinski wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:37 am
R Bedell wrote:
It makes you wonder why the news shows never put up those statistics. Why dont they ever say that the USA is actually 24th in case-fatality ratio? That we are doing better than 23 other countries?

Because the point isn’t deaths it’s cases.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:42 pm

How about in everyone's world? Just wait until the GOP bitches about all the permanent disability claims that come out of this from people having enlarged hearts, fried nervous systems, and poor emotional health. My cousin still can hardly smell or taste anything, and she got infected in early July. She's going to be considered one of the milder cases.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:13 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:56 am
JLesinski wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:37 am
R Bedell wrote:

Because the point isn’t deaths it’s cases.
Holy crap. You're serious, arent you?

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:30 pm

96-99% recovery rate. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CASES!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:07 pm

JLesinski wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:30 pm
The entire thing is about not overloading the hospital system by at this point having the flu and corona run over the top of each other. When Arizona, Texas, Florida, Oklahoma and other states had their issues a month and a half ago several ICU’s hit capacity or exceeded it. Losing that bed space is the issue, not deaths.

Just like in the initial wave in March ICU’s began to meet or exceed Capacity in New York and other states.

You can advocate for heard immunity if you wish but keep in mind that if everybody got it that would mean about 10,000,000 deaths at the end at current rates. Not exactly worth the risk and you can count on about 25 percent of the remaining 324,000,000 people yet to get it or more needing ICU admittance. We can’t handle that.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:25 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:07 pm
JLesinski wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:30 pm
The entire thing is about not overloading the hospital system by at this point having the flu and corona run over the top of each other. When Arizona, Texas, Florida, Oklahoma and other states had their issues a month and a half ago several ICU’s hit capacity or exceeded it. Losing that bed space is the issue, not deaths.

Just like in the initial wave in March ICU’s began to meet or exceed Capacity in New York and other states.

You can advocate for heard immunity if you wish but keep in mind that if everybody got it that would mean about 10,000,000 deaths at the end at current rates. Not exactly worth the risk and you can count on about 25 percent of the remaining 324,000,000 people yet to get it or more needing ICU admittance. We can’t handle that.
Except Whitmer said months ago that the goal was to flatten the curve. The curve is flat. Hospitals are NOT overloaded. You take a risk every time you go outside. Every time you drive to work may be your last. I might get shot going for a walk. Life is an eternal risk/reward scenario. Whitmer's badgering and over reach is political and spiteful now. And before you say it or think it: I am NOT advocating going back to normal. Masks, social distancing and common sense protocols still should be followed. The overall point is that the death rate is dropping, the survival rate is extremely high and our system is NOT overloaded. Yet, she is talking about moving us back a level.

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:56 pm

Whatever this debacle started out as, it's 90% politics and 10% science at this point on all sides.

I AM advocating for normal. There are people who are at risk from Covid. Protect them.

If masks social distancing etc. work, open up. Not this pussfied 25% capacity clownery, 100%.

Keeping it closed, reduced capacity or moving back means none of that stuff is very effective.

It's not brain surgery

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:32 pm

armchair pd wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:56 pm
Whatever this debacle started out as, it's 90% politics and 10% science at this point on all sides.

I AM advocating for normal. There are people who are at risk from Covid. Protect them.

If masks social distancing etc. work, open up. Not this pussfied 25% capacity clownery, 100%.

Keeping it closed, reduced capacity or moving back means none of that stuff is very effective.

It's not brain surgery
How are you going to socially distance at 100% capacity? 100% is predicated on everybody being elbow to asshole which makes it harder to socially distance... Apparently visualizing a crowd in a room isn’t your thing?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:53 pm

How about we let people decide what level of risk they would like to assume. I was at a trendy nightclub/restaurant about a month ago. It was full. Elbow to elbow at the bar and table seating at capacity. No one including staff were wearing masks. Yet, people chose to be there. Not one of the dozen or so people I know were there that night contracted Covid.

If you want zero risk or are in a high risk demographic, quarantine yourself. Don't go out. Stay home. Get your stuff delivered.

Or, as some impressive people do, eat a diet that promotes great gut health. The bugs that live in your gut are the first line of defense against catching anything. I know a over 60 guy who never gets a flu shot and hasn't caught the flu in over 20 years. No shots. This same over 60 guy comes into contact with dozens of maskless people a day and hasn't gotten the Covid either.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:54 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:32 pm
armchair pd wrote:

It's not brain surgery
How are you going to socially distance at 100% capacity? 100% is predicated on everybody being elbow to asshole which makes it harder to socially distance... Apparently visualizing a crowd in a room isn’t your thing?
I think I can picture that sport, but thanks.

And wasn't Big Wretch herself asshole to elbow with 'protesters' a few months back? Yep.

Aren't 'protesters' asshole to elbow nightly? Yep.

But I'll be damned no outbreaks.. but those rednecks at a bar ARE KILLING US ALL! :lol

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:59 pm

armchair pd wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:54 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:32 pm
armchair pd wrote:

It's not brain surgery
I think I can picture that sport, but thanks.

And wasn't Big Wretch herself asshole to elbow with 'protesters' a few months back? Yep.

Aren't 'protesters' asshole to elbow nightly? Yep.

But I'll be damned no outbreaks.. but those rednecks at a bar ARE KILLING US ALL! :lol
We have rednecks at Trump rallies, college kids partying like its 1999 and protestors run amok... of the three the protestors seem to have the most masks...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic