Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gretchen the Media Queen

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Gretchen the Media Queen

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:06 am

armchair pd wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:54 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:32 pm
armchair pd wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:56 pm
Whatever this debacle started out as, it's 90% politics and 10% science at this point on all sides.

I AM advocating for normal. There are people who are at risk from Covid. Protect them.

If masks social distancing etc. work, open up. Not this pussfied 25% capacity clownery, 100%.

Keeping it closed, reduced capacity or moving back means none of that stuff is very effective.

It's not brain surgery
How are you going to socially distance at 100% capacity? 100% is predicated on everybody being elbow to asshole which makes it harder to socially distance... Apparently visualizing a crowd in a room isn’t your thing?
I think I can picture that sport, but thanks.

And wasn't Big Wretch herself asshole to elbow with 'protesters' a few months back? Yep.

Aren't 'protesters' asshole to elbow nightly? Yep.

But I'll be damned no outbreaks.. but those rednecks at a bar ARE KILLING US ALL! :lol
They are outside and wearing masks. Both of which significantly lowers infections.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:44 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:56 am
audiophile wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:45 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:36 pm
Fake.
What part of the demonstration is fake?

OR did the test prove that masks are giving a false sense of security?

OR that tests don't meet the narrative of some political agenda? (Namely for Whitmer, and Against Trump?)

OR simply better masks should be worn? (I'm not a hypocrite - I always wear a p100 mask, because other ones are a joke)

What did the no-masks policy of Sweden do the case load compared to Michigan?
Are you going to avoid answering this MCRF?
Crickets.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Getoffmylawn

Post by Getoffmylawn » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:34 pm

brianp48093 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:10 am
These businesses need to say enough is enough. OPEN UP REGARDLESS of what your highness declares to the peasants. What is the state going to do? Shut down everyone? Lmao. Band together and tell her to eat a dick. This petition to pull her powers can’t come quick enough.

Again, if you are pussy, lock yourself in a fucking closet and hide from the virus. The majority of us do not need protection.

Oh, and one of the top underlying issues is diabetes. WHY IN THE NAME OF FUCK is it MY PROBLEM? It is YOUR PROBLEM you are an out of shape, fat fuck. Fix your OWN PROBLEMS, don’t expect others to be inconvenienced because you are an out of shape piece of shit.
I repeat: not only are you a troll. Your are a lazy troll.

Come on. The whole "fuck everyone else, I'm inconvenienced" line represents the bare minimum effort you could put into trying to rile the folks up. You want to offend me? Fine, but at least put a little work into it.

And again, I have to wonder at how hollow of an existence a person must have if the only way that they can achieve a sense of fulfillment is to spew insults. But hey, don't worry about my opinion, tough guy. You go right on ahead swearing with the caps lock on if that's what it takes to feel good about yourself.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:54 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:42 am
Matt wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:53 am
lidoshuffle wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:26 am
Tired of her threatening us citizens of Michigan everytime she has a presser, "If I don't see Michiganders masking up and numbers going down I will take us back to phase whatever and shut it all down again" That is being a bully....
I'm cautiously optimistic that the MSC will end her unilateral actions. Also, it looks like if that does or doesn't happen, the 1945 law will likely be overturned: https://www.freep.com/story/news/politi ... 780148002/
There is a real chance that if these are invalidated we’ll get laws from our brilliant legislature like the one proposed in Ohio allowing places to opt out of mask mandates.... which defeats the fucking purpose of a mask mandate. So it’s not surprising she’d want to hold onto the power and not hand it over to them. The results would probably be idiotic bills that prioritize opening up over public health which would follow the national line from Jason Miller this morning... “time to reopen and go back to normal in the country”... as if 1000 deaths a day is somehow just fine and dandy in the country and we aren’t hurtling towards a very bad winter?
Are you old enough to have seen and adored Tommy Boy? If so, please remember the point about guarantees on a box. Then, realize that guarantees are more effective than masks.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:55 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:54 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:42 am
Matt wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:53 am
lidoshuffle wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:26 am
Tired of her threatening us citizens of Michigan everytime she has a presser, "If I don't see Michiganders masking up and numbers going down I will take us back to phase whatever and shut it all down again" That is being a bully....
I'm cautiously optimistic that the MSC will end her unilateral actions. Also, it looks like if that does or doesn't happen, the 1945 law will likely be overturned: https://www.freep.com/story/news/politi ... 780148002/
There is a real chance that if these are invalidated we’ll get laws from our brilliant legislature like the one proposed in Ohio allowing places to opt out of mask mandates.... which defeats the fucking purpose of a mask mandate. So it’s not surprising she’d want to hold onto the power and not hand it over to them. The results would probably be idiotic bills that prioritize opening up over public health which would follow the national line from Jason Miller this morning... “time to reopen and go back to normal in the country”... as if 1000 deaths a day is somehow just fine and dandy in the country and we aren’t hurtling towards a very bad winter?
Are you old enough to have seen and adored Tommy Boy? If so, please remember the point about guarantees on a box. Then, realize that guarantees are more effective than masks.
Fortunately I had better taste in films than that. You’ll have to let me in on it.

Alligatorarms

Post by Alligatorarms » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:47 am

Rate This wrote:
armchair pd wrote:
Whatever this debacle started out as, it's 90% politics and 10% science at this point on all sides.

I AM advocating for normal. There are people who are at risk from Covid. Protect them.

If masks social distancing etc. work, open up. Not this pussfied 25% capacity clownery, 100%.

Keeping it closed, reduced capacity or moving back means none of that stuff is very effective.

It's not brain surgery
How are you going to socially distance at 100% capacity? 100% is predicated on everybody being elbow to asshole which makes it harder to socially distance... Apparently visualizing a crowd in a room isn’t your thing?
100% capacity is determined by the Fire Dept. not the Health Dept. Bars & restaurants must display that certificate. "elbow to asshole" is not the unit of measurement...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:01 pm

Alligatorarms wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:47 am
Rate This wrote:
armchair pd wrote:

It's not brain surgery
100% capacity is determined by the Fire Dept. not the Health Dept. Bars & restaurants must display that certificate. "elbow to asshole" is not the unit of measurement...
It’s a tongue in cheek way of saying packer in fairly tightly... tighter than what you could 6’ distance with. I hope you are smart enough to realize this.

Alligatorarms

Post by Alligatorarms » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:44 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:01 pm
Alligatorarms wrote:
Rate This wrote:
armchair pd wrote:

It's not brain surgery
It’s a tongue in cheek way of saying packer in fairly tightly... tighter than what you could 6’ distance with. I hope you are smart enough to realize this.
B1G Gretch pulls "data" from her ass (elbow deep) If a profession required a MI issued license to perform she suspended it no questions asked. don't be surprised if that happy-go-lawsuit dam breaking attorney general put in a clause where accepting aid voids state liability. please add business casualties to those phony covid numbers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:34 pm

Alligatorarms wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:44 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:01 pm
Alligatorarms wrote:
Rate This wrote:
armchair pd wrote:

It's not brain surgery
B1G Gretch pulls "data" from her ass (elbow deep) If a profession required a MI issued license to perform she suspended it no questions asked. don't be surprised if that happy-go-lawsuit dam breaking attorney general put in a clause where accepting aid voids state liability. please add business casualties to those phony covid numbers.
When somebody dies of Covid from work they are added. In the meantime we can increase the speed that happens if we go back to 100% right now.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:41 pm

Of all the manipulative tricks that Whitmer and her allies in the state government and media have tried, nothing is more disgusting than her attempt to boost the COVID-19 numbers by exploiting the tragic death of a two-month old baby with other obvious health problems:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 825799002/

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:04 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:41 pm
Of all the manipulative tricks that Whitmer and her allies in the state government and media have tried, nothing is more disgusting than her attempt to boost the COVID-19 numbers by exploiting the tragic death of a two-month old baby with other obvious health problems:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 825799002/
While gastroschisis is listed as the immediate cause of death, an accompanying investigation report from the medical examiner's office noted that he "died from COVID-19." He had tested positive for the virus on Sept. 8.

"He had GI symptoms of the disease, which exacerbated his tenuous congenital defects," the report said.
This means that he wouldn’t have died at the exact moment he did absent Covid... makes sense to me. That death is a Covid death. It’s not number boosting at all.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:48 pm

Died "with Covid" should be different than died "from Covid".

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:06 pm

JLesinski wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:48 pm
Died "with Covid" should be different than died "from Covid".
GI symptoms of the disease which exacerbated (accelerated) the death...

SixPlusOne

Post by SixPlusOne » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:07 pm

Courtesy: The Detroit News

Despite tossed signatures, Unlock Michigan says it has support to limit Whitmer's authority

"Unlock Michigan said Wednesday it's gathered more than 500,000 signatures to repeal a 1945 law that allows a Michigan governor to declare an emergency and keep the declaration in place without input from state lawmakers. The emergency declaration is important because it gives Whitmer the ability to take unilateral actions to combat the pandemic, such as closing businesses or suspending state laws."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 504414001/

SixPlusOne

Post by SixPlusOne » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:39 pm

Courtesy: WJRT-TV

Michigan Attorney General Will No Longer Enforce Governor’s Executive Orders After Supreme Court Ruling

“In light of the Supreme Court’s decision on Friday, the Attorney General will no longer enforce the Governor’s Executive Orders through criminal prosecution. However, her decision is not binding on other law enforcement agencies or state departments with independent enforcement authority. It’s her fervent hope that people continue to abide by the measures that Governor Whitmer put in place - like wearing face masks, adhering to social distancing requirements and staying home when sick - since they’ve proven effective at saving lives. If it weren’t for the Governor’s actions, countless more of our friends, family and neighbors would have been lost to COVID-19. We can respect both the court’s decision and the advice of medical experts by continuing with these important measures voluntarily.”

https://www.abc12.com/2020/10/04/michig ... rt-ruling/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic