Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A question for Editorcj

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 14896

A question for Editorcj

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue May 05, 2020 8:59 am

I get the impression you work at Channel Seven. I have something I'm just curious about.

Could WXYZ "bump" GMA over to 20, and keep the local on 7-1 after 7am?
I'm not asking should they or would they. And I'm not saying I think it would be a good idea or anything like that.

But does the station have the liberty to do that if they wanted to?
Or is there some sort of contractual obligation or something along those lines that prevents the station from doing that if they wanted to?

Like I said, I'm not really interested in a discussion as to if it would be a good idea or not.
I'm just curious if the local station has the liberty to do that if they wanted to.

Thanks

Editorcj

Re: A question for Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Tue May 05, 2020 12:28 pm

Don't know for sure but I think GMA has to run on the ABC affiliate. It would be in the affiliation contract and if Scripps could negotiate that in another contract it could happen. Things like that are way above my pay grade.

Deleted User 14896

Re: A question for Editorcj

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue May 05, 2020 12:58 pm

Editorcj wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:28 pm
Don't know for sure but I think GMA has to run on the ABC affiliate. It would be in the affiliation contract and if Scripps could negotiate that in another contract it could happen. Things like that are way above my pay grade.
All right thanks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic