Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

7 Adds Darren Cunningham As A Reporter

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Rate This

Re: 7 Adds Darren Cunningham As A Reporter

Post by Rate This » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:47 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:41 pm
Getoffmylawn wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:45 pm
Serious question for lovinlife:
What exactly is the appeal of intentionally being annoying? Seriously, what's the payoff? Because the thing is, I don't actually believe you write the things you do because you are as much of a flaming racist/homophobe as you portray yourself (although I could be mistaken I suppose). Honestly, some of your posts in this thread are bordering on self-parody.

No, I'm pretty sure you spout your outbursts in some misguided attempt to be "provocative". What is it? The attention? Some twisted feeling of superiority from getting other posters riled up? I just don't get it. But hey, this isn't my board and you don't answer to me. Everybody has something that gets them off, and I guess this is yours.

Knock yourself out.
I question what everyone accepts. I push boundaries. I challenge traditional wisdom. I advocate for free speech more than anyone alive. I keep the powerful accountable. I refuse to do what people tell me to do. I think for myself.

If you find that “intentionally annoying” TOUGH SHIT!!!
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:22 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:21 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:47 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Getoffmylawn wrote:
What exactly is the appeal of intentionally being annoying? Seriously, what's the payoff? Because the thing is, I don't actually believe you write the things you do because you are as much of a flaming racist/homophobe as you portray yourself (although I could be mistaken I suppose). Honestly, some of your posts in this thread are bordering on self-parody.

No, I'm pretty sure you spout your outbursts in some misguided attempt to be "provocative". What is it? The attention? Some twisted feeling of superiority from getting other posters riled up? I just don't get it. But hey, this isn't my board and you don't answer to me. Everybody has something that gets them off, and I guess this is yours.

Knock yourself out.
I question what everyone accepts. I push boundaries. I challenge traditional wisdom. I advocate for free speech more than anyone alive. I keep the powerful accountable. I refuse to do what people tell me to do. I think for myself.

I’m hilarious.
But not in the way you intend.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:48 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:35 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:22 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:21 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:47 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Getoffmylawn wrote:

Knock yourself out.

I’m hilarious.
But not in the way you intend.
That changes no facts.
It changes the meaning and implications... that’s more devastating.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:51 pm

Devastatingly boring and predictable.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:21 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:01 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:51 pm
Devastatingly boring and predictable.
Then what am I going to say next?
It won’t matter.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:12 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:42 pm
Getoffmylawn wrote:

Knock yourself out.
Oh, and I'm owned by nobody. I answer to nobody. If I give you any of my time, it's a privilege, not an obligation.
Finally recognizing what a privilege it is to talk to us?

Getoffmylawn

Post by Getoffmylawn » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:27 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Getoffmylawn wrote:

Knock yourself out.

Well, I suppose you could be doing all of that. Or...

...you are playing a character with all the subtlety of a 1980's-era WWE wrestling villain. Although it is true that those over-the-top performances provoked the biggest reactions from the crowds. And if we're being honest, that is what this is all about, isn't it? Getting that reaction and the subsequent attention that accompanies it. You aren't exactly unique in this regard; there is no shortage of parents who have seen their kids act out because they crave attention. And while many people eventually outgrow that mindset, the internet provides evidence on a daily basis that a lot of people do not.

696lover

Post by 696lover » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:12 am

For god's sake Darren, Jennifer Anne does two of these advertising segments spread out over the whole show, every weekend. Plus the PR guy at the golf store knew exactly what to do.

Just press some of the wrinkles out of your shirt, act excited, and let the PR guy talk while you do some play swings. And get a mask that fits.

Hell, Syma could have done a better job remoting the segments from the studio while still soloing anchor

696lover

Post by 696lover » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:20 am

He is back.

I was hoping he moved on to another place

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic