Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WANTED: Cheap Replacement For Chuck Edwards

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
non-anon bob

WANTED: Cheap Replacement For Chuck Edwards

Post by non-anon bob » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:36 am

Copied from the www.entercom.com "Careers" website this Easter Sunday: https://entercom.avature.net/careers/Jo ... ucer/15006 First it was Don Carpenter a few years ago, now Chuck Edwards (a recent selection to the 2020 Country Radio Hall of Fame). Guess they're looking for a recent Specs grad willing to work 36 hrs./week for $10/Hr. Why? I can make $12/Hr. (and a free lunch) for flipping Little Macs and Big Macs! >:

...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: WANTED: Cheap Replacement For Chuck Edwards

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:45 pm

I strongly suspect the morning show will remain billed "Rachael and Grunwald." Yeah, maybe they hire a cheap third wheel. We'll see. More likely, they'll just hand those responsibilities to someone already in house.

WYCD wants to sound like a CHR/Pop station. Both stars of the morning show are DRQ alums. The voicetracked midday host last worked at a kiddie Top 40 station locally. The lady who now handles evenings sounds green and probably came from the promotions department or just recently graduated from Specs.

The station hasn't sounded this bad in a really, really long time. On top of the loss of DJ talent and the unbelievably horrible playlist, the station's audio chain has sounded like shit for several weeks now. Several days ago, I noticed a tweak in settings. Now, there's a constant rumbling of bass, muddy mid-range, and muffled highs.

93.1 which I thought sounded too bright and loud a few weeks ago, now sounds quite good.

Why is it that WOMC and WYCD have had multiple bouts of poor sounding audio over the past decade? Even before the most recent flare up, 99.5's audio has not sounded particularly good for a while.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:15 pm

You think their might be anything "behind the scenes" going on? Or is the format still too valuable to mess with?

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

RadioRat

Post by RadioRat » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:20 pm

I saw a LinkedIn post from a grad fresh out of the University of Oklahoma saying she got hired for an on-camera gig in Dallas. Every media outlet is looking for cheap replacements for legacy talent.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:05 pm

Edit. Posted twice. Not sure why.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic