Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

FUCK YOU, Entercom. (Chuck Edwards and Cadillac Jack both fired from WYCD.)

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
audiophile

Re: FUCK YOU, Entercom. (Chuck Edwards and Cadillac Jack both fired from WYCD.)

Post by audiophile » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:35 am

Mibuzzboard is 3 times more popular!
https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/mibuzzboard.com

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:27 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:13 am
I know of no one that listens to podcasts of former radio hosts. Success is defined as they made enough to support themselves with almost no overhead (house was paid for, minimal staff, etc)

So the conclusion is that if you were a major market and top rated host, a podcast MIGHT work. Startups or minor market host have minimal chance then.
Try asking someone other than fanboys of David Meece, or Michael W. Smith, and you may get different answers. There's a lot that goes on outside of the bubble you live in. Drew is doing just fine.

"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:47 am

I suspect the vast majority of D&M podcast listeners don't access the podcast via that URL, audiophile.

Many likely access the content via iTunes or Apple podcasts, for example.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:21 pm

That has to do with with Alexa.

Why would Mibuzzboard rank higher? Makes no sense.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:37 pm

IIN4MU wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:04 pm
What's astounding - as is always the case when corporations further twist the knife into a once-great medium - is the "talent" that manages to survive any given bloodbath. I've been reading the lists and shaking my head at how "Talent A" was let go, yet the much-less talented "Talent B" is still employed.
I agree. It sure seems that when there's a big round of layoffs, the more likable talent gets laid off and the more polarizing talent escapes the cuts.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:44 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:35 am
Mibuzzboard is 3 times more popular!
https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/mibuzzboard.com
This site ranks: #2,374,758 in global internet engagement. WITH A BULLET !!!!
:wink:

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:01 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:24 pm
It's clear to me that the wet dream of most major AM/FM execs is to nationalize the programming on at least 80 percent of the stations across the country, K-Love style.

One CHR format on dozens of stations, maybe two country formats, a couple urban/hip-hop formats, one classic rock format, one news/talk format, one contemporary rock format, etc., per company. On some of those stations, maybe one (!!!) daypart of local origin is programmed. Station-specific identities for all stations in a given format are ditched in favor of a singular identity for all stations in that format (just like the failed Nash FM experiment!)

The air talent will then plug the iHeartRadio, or radio.com, etc. streaming platforms to entice OTA listeners to subscribe to premium content.

I'm sure Bob Pittman as an example would be fine with AM/FM OTA broadcasting disappearing completely if it means a high percentage of those listeners choose to obtain audio content via the iHeartRadio streaming platform.

Look for Pittman, Field and others to make a gigantic deal about building out their respective branded streaming platforms once 5G becomes mainstream.
As a fan and supporter of live and local radio, I, unfortunately, believe this is the strategy corporate radio wants. I'm sure more conglomerates will adopt this strategy sooner or later. People don't want the exact same station sound and branding everywhere in the country. Most people still want local talent.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:52 pm

We now know that middays will be voicetracked by Sean "Coop" Tabler, the former low rated morning host of 98.7 Amp Radio. He did work nights at WYCD before being promoted to mornings at WDZH, and as I recall, he sounded pretty good during his prior tour of duty at WYCD.

https://www.countryaircheck.com/art/66140

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:02 pm

Creative Services Director, Terry Phillips, was also among the job casualties at Entercom locally.

Look at HOW MANY folks have lost their job at Entercom over the last couple weeks; most of the names on this list are (now former) Entercom employees:

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/arch ... id-off-or-

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic