Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Your Current News Sources

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bobbert

Your Current News Sources

Post by Bobbert » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:18 pm

In the last three weeks, roughly since the first official government reactions to coronavirus appearing in Michigan.

For me, no Detroit television news or daily newspapers. Too much emotion on TV and I don't want to carry bad news around with me in a daily newspaper. The quick pace of events also makes the newspaper less useful. If I want local weather, I'll check the Channel 4 post to YouTube.

But I have been checking the web sites for the Detroit News, Detroit Free Press, and Ann Arbor News. The AAN (via MLive) has done the best job of organizing their coverage. The main thing I look for everyday is the infection/death chart in the AAN. That "Covid Curve" will determine our future more than anything else. The county-by-county maps on the Detroit newspaper websites have also been useful.

For general commentary and long-term perspectives, I've been buying the weekend Wall Street Journal and reading the National Review magazine and website. I'm sure others have been doing similar kinds of reading, in line with their political views.

Mega Hertz

Re: Your Current News Sources

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:29 pm

I do a little WWJ for a total of about 30 minutes throughout the day. I get what I need to hear every few hours. Even on a lay off, I can't lay there and have it jammed in my face all day. I just need to know:

How many new cases, how many in my area, and any new guidelines from state or federal governments. I don't need all the finger pointing and "my guy is right, your guy is wrong" bullshit. Tell me what I need to know and I'm done.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic