Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WDIV As Craft Store Enforcer - Hypocrisy

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
TC Talks

Re: WDIV As Craft Store Enforcer - Hypocrisy

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:50 am

Those "many" are the idiots who get their information from conspiracy websites and AM talk radio.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:54 am

I’m just gonna say this. The job of the media is to report the news. This isn’t news. What is news is the government taking over your civil rights. But idiots, morons and the like are ok with that just so long as they, themselves, don’t get sick. Not to mention that the majority of said individuals are still getting a paycheck while sitting at home, because they either work for the government or continue to live off of it by some means. The epitome of selfishness. For those of us who are grateful to be gainfully employed and are more than happy to go out and risk getting sick for the greater good, I say FUCK YOU.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:02 am

Oh good another one. So you are accusing me of following the law instead of following the AM talk holes. Got it.

Executive Orders are the LAW, a power given to the Governor that was passed by lawmakers.

Here's what you need to do: Organize a rally at the Capitol. Get thousands of your kind together. Then stand shoulder to shoulder and shout about the tyranny. But please be sure everyone shows their solidarity with a permanent hand stamp. That way when the hospital has to prioritize, they can be sure to give the ventilator to someone who we want around after this is over.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:08 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:02 am
Oh good another one. So you are accusing me of following the law instead of following the AM talk holes. Got it.

Executive Orders are the LAW, a power given to the Governor that was passed by lawmakers.

Here's what you need to do: Organize a rally at the Capitol. Get thousands of your kind together. Then stand shoulder to shoulder and shout about the tyranny. But please be sure everyone shows their solidarity with a permanent hand stamp. That way when the hospital has to prioritize, they can be sure to give the ventilator to someone who we want around after this is over.
It’s not the “law,” it’s an order. Fucking pathetic.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:28 am

JackAttack FM wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:17 pm
the original post blatenly misconstrued and embellished the actual news story.
What else would you expect him/her to do? When the facts don't fit the narrative, lie. SOP.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:30 am

When the facts don't fit the narrative, lie. SOP for audiophile.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:00 pm

I think all you Leftist Authoritarian Totalitarians need to get a grip.

Any business that takes precautions like drive though and curb side delivery should be allowed to stay open. Do you want the whole economy to collapse?

There are things that are arguably necessary, like office supplies for running home businesses, record keeping, government compliance, professional licensing, etc. If you are manufacturing masks for your relatives and circles of friends, nothing should be done to prevent obtaining supplies.

Channel 4 is dead wrong for doing this. But it's what I've come to expect from them.

If any of these businesses advertise on Channel 4, they should cancel their ads immediately.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:37 pm

radiodoc wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:54 am
I’m just gonna say this. The job of the media is to report the news. This isn’t news. What is news is the government taking over your civil rights. But idiots, morons and the like are ok with that just so long as they, themselves, don’t get sick. Not to mention that the majority of said individuals are still getting a paycheck while sitting at home, because they either work for the government or continue to live off of it by some means. The epitome of selfishness. For those of us who are grateful to be gainfully employed and are more than happy to go out and risk getting sick for the greater good, I say FUCK YOU.
Excellent. I’m sucking it up there buttercup. It’s only temporary. I’m also risking my ass transporting hospital workers (tons of nurses) back and forth for 4 16 hour days (about 10 of that is Transporting) a week. So I get why they are doing all of these orders and know that the sky isn’t falling AND I’m doing my part and coming Into harms way while I’m at it. Sorry you’re inconvenienced.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:45 pm

You better be wearing a mask.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:49 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:28 am
"I've been curious about the marijuana shops. Why are they considered essential?"

"Well, they're allowing liquor sales, aren't they?"

"But those stores also sell food."
Yes and Yes.

But NO to silk flowers at curbside pickup when ordering your mask materials.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:50 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:45 pm
You better be wearing a mask.
I just got one yesterday from one of the U of M drivers. They have 4 or 5 drivers out and 1 dead so far. Gonna get a cloth one next week too.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:00 pm

That's good that you got one! Run max fresh air through the bus too (maybe you can direct toward your face). Take matters into your own hands. THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!

WDIV should doing a story on the 4 or 5 drivers that are out and the one that sadly died. That is real news.

Mask might have prevented that but the "experts" were telling us that wasn't effective (you argued it wasn't effective based on WHO advice not long ago). So much for experts at WHO, the CDC has went ahead of them and suggested it, much too late IMHO.

Little ole' me was trying to tell you the whole time - wear a mask!!! I was looking out for my brothers!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:57 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:00 pm
That's good that you got one! Run max fresh air through the bus too (maybe you can direct toward your face). Take matters into your own hands. THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!

WDIV should doing a story on the 4 or 5 drivers that are out and the one that sadly died. That is real news.

Mask might have prevented that but the "experts" were telling us that wasn't effective (you argued it wasn't effective based on WHO advice not long ago). So much for experts at WHO, the CDC has went ahead of them and suggested it, much too late IMHO.

Little ole' me was trying to tell you the whole time - wear a mask!!! I was looking out for my brothers!
Agreed. I heard the original mask recommendation revised to it’ll stop you from spreading it but won’t prevent you from catching it. Maybe still getting it by touching ones face? I’m gonna be opening windows and roof hatches and having my window open..

Note that the driver who died was in his 50’s and also had diabetes. He traveled overseas recently and I think that’s how it spread. That said things are getting seemingly worse by the day... morale is down and I’m hearing whispers about the field house as temporary hospital in the near future.

I think part of 4’s problem is that they have been not receiving many tips like you are describing. People don’t want to talk to them. 7’s coverage of this during the evenings has been much more sober and serious I think.

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:13 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:37 pm
radiodoc wrote:
Excellent. I’m sucking it up there buttercup. It’s only temporary. I’m also risking my ass transporting hospital workers (tons of nurses) back and forth for 4 16 hour days (about 10 of that is Transporting) a week. So I get why they are doing all of these orders and know that the sky isn’t falling AND I’m doing my part and coming Into harms way while I’m at it. Sorry you’re inconvenienced.
Oh yeah. You’re a real hero. I said I was grateful, asshole. That doesn’t typically mean inconvenienced, but since you clearly have a difficult time with understanding big words, I’ll give you a break.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:33 pm

radiodoc wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:13 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:37 pm
radiodoc wrote:
Oh yeah. You’re a real hero. I said I was grateful, asshole. That doesn’t typically mean inconvenienced, but since you clearly have a difficult time with understanding big words, I’ll give you a break.
Grateful to be working and clearly feeling inconvenienced by the order or you wouldn’t be mad that it exists. No misunderstanding there... message received loud and clear.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic