Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WADL Tests on RF27

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
km1125

Re: WADL Tests on RF27

Post by km1125 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:29 am

SolarMax wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:02 pm
Splouge wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:36 pm
Although you said it's low priority, I'd like to ask if you're using a pre amp, what antenna you're using, and what kind of coax (RG6 or RG59) you're using. Make sure the preamp is getting power and that the antenna is aimed at the tri-point where Clinton Twp., St. Clair Shores, and Fraser meet.

It's coming in fine using a Clearstream 2Max in Melvindale indoors.
Not using a preamp, though I've tried using it. I'm somewhat close-in to WDIV, WXYZ, WWJ, WMYD, WTVS (& WHNE), so preamp provides way too much signal from the full-power stations, which causes its own set of problems. Antenna is XtremeSignal HDB8x screen 2x 4-bays with a hinged center, so one panel aimed toward Southfield, the other fairly accurately toward Clinton Twp., each panel supposedly has a 60˚ lobe so there's a bit of overlap. Using. Coax=RG6 approx 35 ft. Also combined into the array is a simple VHF dipole, for WJBK and CBET, which conveniently are approx 180˚ opposite each other. Hoping it will suffice for WHNE.
I'm a lot farther than you, and using cheap antennas.

What's the spacing between your antennas?? Is it possible you have some out-of-phase cancellation going on?

Splouge

Re: WADL Tests on RF27

Post by Splouge » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:36 am

SolarMax wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:02 pm
Splouge wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:36 pm
Although you said it's low priority, I'd like to ask if you're using a pre amp, what antenna you're using, and what kind of coax (RG6 or RG59) you're using. Make sure the preamp is getting power and that the antenna is aimed at the tri-point where Clinton Twp., St. Clair Shores, and Fraser meet.

It's coming in fine using a Clearstream 2Max in Melvindale indoors.
Not using a preamp, though I've tried using it. I'm somewhat close-in to WDIV, WXYZ, WWJ, WMYD, WTVS (& WHNE), so preamp provides way too much signal from the full-power stations, which causes its own set of problems. Antenna is XtremeSignal HDB8x screen 2x 4-bays with a hinged center, so one panel aimed toward Southfield, the other fairly accurately toward Clinton Twp., each panel supposedly has a 60˚ lobe so there's a bit of overlap. Using. Coax=RG6 approx 35 ft. Also combined into the array is a simple VHF dipole, for WJBK and CBET, which conveniently are approx 180˚ opposite each other. Hoping it will suffice for WHNE.
For WHNE, the elements will need to be a total of 8 feet, horizontally oriented.

"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

-Byron "The Broadcast Butcher" Allen

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic