Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A Small Change Might Help WJR, Cumulus Ratings

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Ben Zonia

A Small Change Might Help WJR, Cumulus Ratings

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:25 pm

That Jamie on the Progressive commercials could be singlehandedly responsible for Cumulus Talk stations' low ratings. Makes me change the station or mute until it's over. Tell Progressive to come up with something less annoying.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Deleted User 15299

Re: A Small Change Might Help WJR, Cumulus Ratings

Post by Deleted User 15299 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:36 am

I think it might be time to dump Rush in favor of a local show, WLW in Cincinnati for example has mostly local programming, which is what WJR used to be known for. It's time to get back to that somehow.

The King has spoken...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:09 am

Your suggestion is a terrible idea for reasons that should be obvious.

The time to "get back to that" is after Rush hangs up the headphones, not now.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:47 pm

The word "progressive" alone on WJR gets the contingent riled up. Just drop the whole commerical.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:40 pm

WJR just ran last night's weather forecast from Paul Gross, warning about severe weather. And this is the station we rely on for the EAS? :rollin

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:40 am

Agree on "Jamie." And I thought Flo was bad.

TomSanders

Post by TomSanders » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:04 am

The Progressive ad with the anncr warning what can happen when you become your parents and obsess over your lawn is funny, and it doesn't make me dislike the sponsor. Like the Jamie ad does. What a HORRIBLE piece of radio advertising, that makes me wonder what went on between the ears of folks at the agency who thought it would sell insurance. It is, however, a small improvement over the Flo radio ads in which every man was either a fool, a clown, or the butt of a joke. I'm sick and tired of that. I in fact posted on their Facebook, when I was looking for a car insurance provider, that the commercials portraying men as idiots were the specific reason I wasn't considering Progressive. The Jamie ad, that suggests the only way a man can be the hero of a Progressive ad is if he appears to be gay, makes me glad I didn't.

SixPlusOne

Post by SixPlusOne » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:31 pm

Dispose of Guy Gordon and Bitch Albom period.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic