Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The media wants you to panic

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
rugratsonline

Re: The media wants you to panic

Post by rugratsonline » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:52 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:11 pm
Turn off all the news. That’s what I did. I’m not falling for their hype.
And if you need news, stick to the newspapers -- I've been generally avoiding TV news long before the coronavirus, and radio for as long as I can remember.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:23 pm

So many strawmen, it looks like a cornfield in Iowa.

You guys really need some new material. Pretty soon when Trump farts we'll have to have an Obama fart to compare it to. "What about when Obama farted and it smelled like potato chips? Huh? HUH???"

Stop worrying about Obama and start comparing Millard Fillmore or Chester A. Arthur or something. Shit's getting...well, no, it IS stale.

These are the same folks, who, on January 21, 2009, said we could NO longer bring up Bush. Nope, it's all on Obama now. He owns it. And here we are, over 3 years since he left office, and they just CAN'T help themselves. It's like an itch you just HAVE to scratch.

How many people died of dysentery under John Adams, huh??? Why isn't the media talking about THAT??????

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

windsor

Post by windsor » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:05 pm

696lover wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:23 am
windsor wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:43 am
The original story that has been hushed up was that the virus was smuggled out of a Winnipeg bio lab by a woman doctor who worked there since 2014 but was a Chinese agent.Then brought to a Wuhan bio lab.What happened after that is unknown.

Believe what you like but there is more behind this than meets the eye.
I have seen a few versions of this. What is proven is that China and the PLA have been very aggressively spying via the Thousand Talents program. The head of biochem at Harvard was not only passing on research but recruiting for them. Several Chinese grad students at University of Michigan have been caught stealing research and actively spying on US headquarters. And something happened at the biolab in Canada, and Wuhan is the location of a PLA biowarfare lab.

What part is typical government lying and coverups by China and what part was planned? Who knows.
This bio lab story is also believable , bc it is well known by law enforcement in Canada that Chinese agents are operating at their leisure in various capacities within the country from high tech to politics.As the Trudeau gov't is sympathetic to the Chinese Communist Party and is looking to give Huawei the go ahead to build the 5G systems.Even though an American top diplomat has warned against this.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Deleted User 15225

Post by Deleted User 15225 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:31 pm

Anyone who believes that this is manmade is an idiot and should resign from society

https://www.rndsystems.com/resources/ar ... identified

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9 (download the actual paper)

You will find many other pieces providing evidence that this is not a lab generated virus.

Some Guy from Toledo

Post by Some Guy from Toledo » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:10 pm

rugratsonline wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:52 pm
fuzzpower wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:11 pm
Turn off all the news. That’s what I did. I’m not falling for their hype.
And if you need news, stick to the newspapers -- I've been generally avoiding TV news long before the coronavirus, and radio for as long as I can remember.
Glad to see a viable use for newspapers in this current climate.

Herm

Post by Herm » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:00 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:24 am
This is journalistic malpractice.

12 of the top 14 stories on the Detroit News homepage are coronavirus.

20 of 21 on the Detroit Free Press’ homepage are coronavirus.

The media says things like “we didn’t do this,” #factsoverfear, “all we said was to wash your hands.”

100% false.

It wants you to fear. It wants you to panic. It makes for a better story.
Pretty much every other news making event has been cancelled or postponed. This is the only thing going on right now. What else would you propose they talk about?

rushbuzz1013

Post by rushbuzz1013 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:32 am

Herm wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:00 am
lovinlife101 wrote:

The media says things like “we didn’t do this,” #factsoverfear, “all we said was to wash your hands.”

100% false.

Pretty much every other news making event has been cancelled or postponed. This is the only thing going on right now. What else would you propose they talk about?
I would have to agree. However, this all reminds me of the Viet Nam days when Walter Cronkite or Dan Rather would reveal the death score every night. Anxiety anxiety anxiety.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:57 am

rushbuzz1013 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:32 am
Herm wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:

100% false.

I would have to agree. However, this all reminds me of the Viet Nam days when Walter Cronkite or Dan Rather would reveal the death score every night. Anxiety anxiety anxiety.
Yes. People are starting to get weary of the same kind of news stories over and over. Yes, we know businesses are affected. Yes, we know important events are being canceled or postponed. Yes, we know that famous people are getting tested.

In the newsrooms, this is one of the biggest stories in every journalist's career, and the assignment editors are trying to exploit every angle. But I wish the websites would segregate the stories so that we can look at groups of stories that aren't related to the virus.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:03 am

Bobbert wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:57 am
rushbuzz1013 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:32 am
Herm wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:

100% false.

Yes. People are starting to get weary of the same kind of news stories over and over. Yes, we know businesses are affected. Yes, we know important events are being canceled or postponed. Yes, we know that famous people are getting tested.

In the newsrooms, this is one of the biggest stories in every journalist's career, and the assignment editors are trying to exploit every angle. But I wish the websites would segregate the stories so that we can look at groups of stories that aren't related to the virus.
How big a section is that? 2 other stories?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:20 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:00 pm
What about all the mild cases that people recover from quickly? Nope. You won’t hear about them.

1million planes land safely. No news stories.

One plane crashes. Wall to wall coverage for days.
What’s to say exactly? You get a blurb commonly... “x number of people have recovered”... there isn’t anything to say.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:32 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:25 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:20 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
What about all the mild cases that people recover from quickly? Nope. You won’t hear about them.

What’s to say exactly? You get a blurb commonly... “x number of people have recovered”... there isn’t anything to say.
In the same way “x number of people have died” but yet they can make it wall to wall for weeks. Interesting.
Again what exactly do you want them to say?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:39 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:29 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:32 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:25 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:20 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:

In the same way “x number of people have died” but yet they can make it wall to wall for weeks. Interesting.
Again what exactly do you want them to say?
Maybe the truth for once?
What’s untrue?

windsor

Post by windsor » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:46 pm

selurzam wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:31 pm
Anyone who believes that this is manmade is an idiot and should resign from society

https://www.rndsystems.com/resources/ar ... identified

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9 (download the actual paper)

You will find many other pieces providing evidence that this is not a lab generated virus.
Sorry ,were not all a bunch of fucking idiots like you that believe everything the globalist bought media spews for public consumption.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Deleted User 15225

Post by Deleted User 15225 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:12 am

You realize that is a peer reviewed journal article, right? There's no globalist media agenda.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:46 am

That idiot Rod Meloni was on the news this morning telling folks to cash out their retirement accounts!!! What a MORON!!

If he said that a month ago it would make sense.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic