Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

8 tower array?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Mega Hertz

8 tower array?

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:04 pm

Real quick

I'm working off of Will Carleton Rd in Flat Rock. I can see what looks to be an 8 tower array for an AM. Anyone know who that is? WWJ?

Thanks.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Colonel Flagg

Re: 8 tower array?

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:35 pm

WFDF

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:12 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:35 pm
WFDF
Thanks, Flagg!

-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 3751

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:58 am

WWJ's 6 tower array is east of I-75 on the corner of Lobo Rd and Haggerman Rd in Berlin Twp.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:45 am

I was wondering because WWJ was coming in with such good clarity. Out here in Livingston County, most AM signals come in worth shit.

-TurkeyTop

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:05 pm

Actually, it's probably the WNZK array you're seeing. WNZK's is right along Will-Carleton Road, while WFDF is a very short distance southwest just north of Carleton itself.

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:49 pm

WFDF is 2 rows of slightly doglegged 4 tower rows, a North and South row of 4. The East West "rows" stretch much farther than the distance between rows. The late Glen Clark described it as a "near parallelogram" The WWJ six tower arrangement has been described as a "boat" shape, the WXYT arrangement as an "ultra dog leg", "constellation", or just a "jumble". WXYT has no lighting (or painting as I recall).

WNZK is a row of 5 towers next to a row of 3 towers. The three tower East row is used in both the Day and Night pattern. Three of five Northern towers of the West row are part of the Day pattern, three of the five Southern towers in the West row are part of the Night pattern. This steers the pattern for the two different Day and Night patterns. Thus six towers of the eight are used in each pattern.

WDFN and WLQV are both nine tower parallelograms.

The WAAM array is two crossing lines of 4 towers with one tower in common, seven total. Unusual looking arrangements except WXYT are often indicative of very different patterns headed different directions Day and Night. Usually only one tower is in both patterns.

WCAR 1090 is a four tower parallelogram inside a six tower parallelogram.

The best way to visualize these arrays with guyed towers on a satellite view is to look for tower shadows extending from the tuning buildings, affectionately known as doghouses.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic