Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How would you fix WJBK and WXYZ?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

How would you fix WJBK and WXYZ?

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:43 pm

Fox 2, while still a good station and a decent Fox owned station, seems to be a shell of itself. The news seems to be more fluff than hard hitting. Their morning news has been a disaster for a while.

Ch 7 is definitely a shell of its former self. Bad on the air talent is a concern too.

For Fox 2, I would get rid of people like Ryan Ermanni, and hire some of WTTG and WAGA’s talent, WJBK’s sister stations. I would also get rid of the disaster known as the Nine, and rename the 4:30-11am newscasts, Good Day Detroit. Yes have interviews, but get rid of all the fluff. Also, the evening newscasts need to bring back the Problem Solvers. That’s what made Fox 2 successful.

Ch 7 needs to go back to hard hitting news. I also think 7 needs to move the Doctors to 4 pm, get rid of that awful 4 pm newscast, and have a local show similar to live in the D at 10 am, as a lead in to the View at 11 am.

Not a solution to all, but this should be a start. Fox and Scripps need to put more money into their respective stations.
Last edited by Deleted User 7620 on Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 14896

Re: How would you fix WJBK and WXYZ?

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:19 pm

Let me ask a question I don't know the answer to:
How are the ratings for The Nine compared to what's on other channels at the same time? It seems to me that folks have said in the past on Buzzboard that The Nine is #1 in that slot.
If that's true (and like I said I'm not positive about that) then how can you call The Nine a disaster?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:16 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:19 pm
Let me ask a question I don't know the answer to:
How are the ratings for The Nine compared to what's on other channels at the same time? It seems to me that folks have said in the past on Buzzboard that The Nine is #1 in that slot.
If that's true (and like I said I'm not positive about that) then how can you call The Nine a disaster?
Scroll down... the TV ratings thread for 2/21 or whatever the day has the answers you seek.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:37 pm

Scroll down... the TV ratings thread for 2/21 or whatever the day has the answers you seek.
In households on that day Fox 2 easily beat 4 and 7, in the key demos Fox 2 destroyed the comp at 9. So yeah a disaster but it's a disaster for Today and Kelly Ripa not Fox 2.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:53 pm

How should you fix 2?
Fire the news director.
Kevin Roseborough has presided over one of the biggest ratings loss in Detroit television. 2's 10pm newscast a few years ago was the highest rated newscast in the market. What is it now in HHs a 3 or 4??

You talk about WTTG, get Dana Hahn back. She was 2's last ND before she went there.
I'd say Dana had to have been that station's best ND in the last 40 years.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:58 pm

How should you fix 2?
Fire the news director.
Kevin Roseborough has presided over one of the biggest ratings loss in Detroit television. 2's 10pm newscast a few years ago was the highest rated newscast in the market. What is it now in HHs a 3 or 4??
This. And fire the current General Manager, too!

I think WDIV's 11PM newscast outdraws WJBK's 10PM newscast by a nearly 2:1 margin these days.

No one is going to make a lateral move from Washington to Detroit or from Atlanta to Detroit. A promotion would need to be involved.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic