Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WGPR

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 15265

WGPR

Post by Deleted User 15265 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:25 am

Any news on the future of WGPR or will it remain the same forever.

thatonedude

Re: WGPR

Post by thatonedude » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:30 pm

I'm assuming that it's a temporary extension of their LMA, but that's as best as I can figure out. Wish they'd just put it out of its misery and hand it back over to the Masons...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

take this job and shove it

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:05 pm

Please look at page 3 of the below thread; I think many of your questions are answered there:
https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... R&start=30

The previously communicated LMA expiry date of December 31, 2019 was not a hard expiration. W.G.P.R., Inc. can request Urban One's assistance in continued operation of the station (for transitional purposes) for a maximum of 180 days beyond December 31, 2019.

The radio trade press has been too lazy to search the FCC database to find that little morsel of knowledge. Took me all of 10 minutes.

Another possibility is W.G.P.R., Inc. assumed the contracts and purchased the "Hot 107-5" intellectual property from Urban One. If such a transaction took place, we probably will never see official memorialization of said transaction in the FCC public files. I don't believe such a transaction is required to be disclosed to the FCC, since W.G.P.R., Inc. is simply conducting a normal course business transaction as licensee.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:20 pm

I'd rather listen to feral raccoons dig through my garbage than listen to that shit. Flip it back to the old format.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

tivoking

Post by tivoking » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:04 pm

WGPR's signal is wack and their stream is like 24 kbps, or sounds like it. Shut it off and let people use their FM transmitters on that the signal. lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic