Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

No coverage of Jesse Smollet new charges

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
jsf

No coverage of Jesse Smollet new charges

Post by jsf » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:53 am

Seems like this was a really big story when it first happened but now the MSM seems to be not interested. This story stinks and I'm watching to see if heads fall in Chicago.

Y M Ionhere

Re: No coverage of Jesse Smollet new charges

Post by Y M Ionhere » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:34 pm

They wanted it to be true.
Also very little coverage of the guy in Jacksonville he rammed a tent full of Republicans who were registering voters, then tried to mow down a few of them.

696lover

Post by 696lover » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:06 pm

I agree with the two posters above this post

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:09 pm

696lover wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:06 pm
I agree with the two posters above this post
I had about 5 mobile alerts from various sources when this came out a few days ago... bullshit that they didn’t give it coverage...

Deleted User 15225

Post by Deleted User 15225 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:13 am

Absolutely, front page WSJ print edition, front page Chicago Tribune, top story on Chicago locals.

SixPlusOne

Post by SixPlusOne » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:53 am

jsf wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:53 am
Seems like this was a really big story when it first happened but now the MSM seems to be not interested.
It's primarily a Chicago story so the priority is there not here unless it is needed for fill.

Deleted User 14896

I'd rather just play with my fingers and read the teleprompter

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:18 pm

I wonder if Fox and Scripps corporate didn't have a pre-made video package available?
Heaven forbid our locals do a little video editing and script writing on their own.

conelrad

Post by conelrad » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:39 am

I saw the story carried on what you right wingers call the MSM. Don't rely on Fox News or other right wing media for your news. The story got coverage. Relax.

conelrad

Post by conelrad » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:40 am

I saw the story carried on what you right wingers call the MSM. Don't rely on Fox News or other right wing media for your news. The story got coverage. Relax.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:46 pm

The charges shouldn't have ever been dropped and Kim Foxx should be fired as well for dropping the charges glad that charges were reinstated. Jussie needs to go to jail for the hoax.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

696lover

Post by 696lover » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:07 am

There is also a coverage ban on the van attack on the Trump supporters in Florida, and the child Trump supporter punched by an adult.

The one that scares me the most is that ABC and Bloomberg (obviously) have a coverage spike on anything negative on Bloomberg even though there is quite a bit of dirt out there. I thought it was bad when NBC edited the 911 tape for Trayvon to make the shooter look guilty, but this is interfering in a national election.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:36 am

By itself, it wouldn't be so bad or unusual to not see many headlines about this. However, the extensive coverage when the supposed "attack" happened should warrant them all covering the rest of this story.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:05 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:36 am
By itself, it wouldn't be so bad or unusual to not see many headlines about this. However, the extensive coverage when the supposed "attack" happened should warrant them all covering the rest of this story.
Most people were probably getting tired of it the first time... it loses its punch when it’s opened up a second time. It’s no longer all that interesting... so they don’t cover it as much... they and Americans in general have short attention spans. The idea that it’s not being covered though is completely ridiculous

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:37 pm

Here's how it works:

News Coverage: Too Much or Not Enough?

Here is a short list of questions you can ask yourself to find out if the proper amount of coverage has been met:

1. Does it make my side look like the victim?
2. Does it vindicate my feelings?
3. Does it make the other guy look like a bogeyman?
4. If it makes my side look bad, is it fake?
5. If it makes the other guy look bad, is it real?
6. Do I feel that, being the victimized/oppressed peoples, it warrants MORE coverage?
7. Is it a subject I am in agreement with?
8. Have I been properly told how to feel about/what stand to take?
9. Are there other stories I believe to be real that should be getting wall to wall 24 hour coverage?

Go ahead and run down this list of questions. Don't forget the bonus question, does it affect my day to day life? Will I lose my job, my home, my family or other important things because this story is covered/not covered? And, most important, do I own a remote control?

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:47 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:37 pm
Here's how it works:

News Coverage: Too Much or Not Enough?

Here is a short list of questions you can ask yourself to find out if the proper amount of coverage has been met:

1. Does it make my side look like the victim?
2. Does it vindicate my feelings?
3. Does it make the other guy look like a bogeyman?
4. If it makes my side look bad, is it fake?
5. If it makes the other guy look bad, is it real?
6. Do I feel that, being the victimized/oppressed peoples, it warrants MORE coverage?
7. Is it a subject I am in agreement with?
8. Have I been properly told how to feel about/what stand to take?
9. Are there other stories I believe to be real that should be getting wall to wall 24 hour coverage?

Go ahead and run down this list of questions. Don't forget the bonus question, does it affect my day to day life? Will I lose my job, my home, my family or other important things because this story is covered/not covered? And, most important, do I own a remote control?
This is perfect.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic