Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Soccer coming to WMYD 20

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
DAC

Re: Soccer coming to WMYD 20

Post by DAC » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:48 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:54 pm
The trend for teams is going towards owning their own cable network. If Ilitch’s teams weren’t complete garbage right now, I could see them trying this in the future.

How many teams have any games over the air, other than a national broadcast or perhaps opening day? The Cubs don’t anymore. Maybe the New York teams still do.
The Yankees have Sunday games on WPIX, and the Rangers do similarly with a local station. I didn't realize that WGN and WLS (aka ABC 7) in Chicago dropped the Cubs. They have not been on WGN America for a few years now, but have been on WGN local.

DAC

Post by DAC » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:54 am

DAC wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:48 am
fuzzpower wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:54 pm
The trend for teams is going towards owning their own cable network. If Ilitch’s teams weren’t complete garbage right now, I could see them trying this in the future.

How many teams have any games over the air, other than a national broadcast or perhaps opening day? The Cubs don’t anymore. Maybe the New York teams still do.
The Yankees have Sunday games on WPIX, and the Rangers do similarly with a local station. I didn't realize that WGN and WLS (aka ABC 7) in Chicago dropped the Cubs. They have not been on WGN America for a few years now, but have been on WGN local.
Well, I'll be darned... Cubs totally sucked up by Sinclair. Kinda sucks. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquee_Sports_Network

windsor

Post by windsor » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:57 pm

Last summer I saw some Indians games on WKYC 3.

More eyes on your product cant hurt ticket sales......

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

DAC

Post by DAC » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:43 am

windsor wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:57 pm
Last summer I saw some Indians games on WKYC 3.

More eyes on your product cant hurt ticket sales......
I get MLB.TV every year, and as I watch the games I try to make mental notes of when I see games being played on a local channel. It's rare, but nice to see. However, if it limits the team to only being exposed to an audience on one local channel, and not the entire region for that team, I think it leads to LESS eyes.

Lickalime

Post by Lickalime » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:11 pm

As someone who is buying season soccer tickets, I'm excited the matches will be televised. We won't be able to make all the matches and it'll be great to be able to watch the matches we can't attend. Plus, it'll be a nice break from baseball.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic