Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tara Edwards case dismissed

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Y M Ionhere

Re: Tara Edwards case dismissed

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:24 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:03 pm
Y M Ionhere wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:26 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:27 am
I throw up a little in my mouth each time I have the misfortune of seeing station GM, Mike Murri, give one of his insipid on-air "editorials."

That guy comes across as a total asshat.
Whats the point of those dumb editorials anyway? They are so shallow.

Im station manager Joe Blow.
Thousands of Americans are murdered every year

(Goes on to explain that murder is legally and morally wrong).

"We must continue to work towards a murder-free world, for ours and our childrens safety".

Then, after an editorial no normal person would disagree with, they invite "opposing views" to be sent to the station.
For the station to be licensed they have to work in the public interest... thats why we have Flashpoint, Spotlight on the News and Let it Rip. They have to program this stuff somehow.
At least "Let It Rip" allows a debate on edgy, hot-button topics.
But these "editorials" are so lightweight they dont even express an opinion.
The last one I saw was about hunger. Thats not an informative or thought-provoking topic. Every viewer knows that a lot of people are hungry and all have a united opinion that starvation is bad.
Its not particularly informative.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:42 pm

Somehow editorials became a lazy way to get the requirements in... I’m not sure if some of the other laws that have passed in recent years (starting with the telecom act of 1996) had anything in them to weaken these rules or not but these programs and editorials clearly persist.

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:21 pm

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:00 pm

I bet she got a sizable payday. I bet she received at least $500,000.

The fact the case was "dismissed with prejudice" without an actual ruling from the Judge was the tipoff that it was settled. I should have done a better job connecting those dots earlier.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:09 pm

After subtracting legal fees, and paying taxes that would only net about $100,000
Last edited by audiophile on Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:11 pm

Can't believe this YouTube video is still posted. The old Channel 7 morning team is joking about a Malcolm Maddox coffee cup. At the end, Ann Marie LaFlamme says, "Every morning we get to enjoy Malcolm."

https://youtu.be/ZmJi_y2XiS0

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic