Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Another high-maint example.

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
RayQix

Another high-maint example.

Post by RayQix » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:40 pm

Sorry I know this is an Instagram post….. but another reason for why this person is viewed as “high maint”.

Not sure why she’s still on air …. She didn’t like Detroit years ago and likely still doesn’t.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwVu-64h ... BiNWFlZA==

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dial-it-in

Re: Another high-maint example.

Post by dial-it-in » Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:24 am

And thats why I never watch channel 2 after 10am anymore.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:37 pm

I think Channel 2 is seeking a certain audience at Noon.
Neither you two, or myself, is who they are after.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not faulting Fox2. Good for them. Smart move.
Folks that are stay at home, got some dropout or grandkid fetching them whatever they need while they are sprawled out on the couch in the same muumuu they've had on for 4 days.. You get the picture. We may not want to watch it. But I'm thinking a lot of folks I just described do.

And you got to admit, Maurielle is the perfect segue into Sherri Shepherd at 1pm. Both appeal to the same audience.

No one watching The Noon is going to be getting new windows or a new roof, or buying a new car, anything that takes more than a few pennies. I do find it interesting that advertisers, other than "Let's Sue Somebody" lawyers, are buying time in that slot.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Ed Klee

Post by Ed Klee » Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:04 pm

Another example of Fox 2 going down the tubes, it is in my opinion the most unwatchable tv ever, I have seen better programing on public access.
I am ordinary American!

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:29 pm

Ed Klee wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:04 pm
Another example of Fox 2 going down the tubes, it is in my opinion the most unwatchable tv ever, I have seen better programing on public access.
I agree. Even The Nine. This has nothing to do with who's in front of the camera. But I have been migrating over to Kelly Ripa because more and more, the topics on the Nine just are not interesting to me. I used to find The Nine engaging. Not anymore. Something has happened to that show since Al the producer retired. The flavor has definitely changed.

I'll always watch it long enough to catch the weather. But once I've seen that, I'm surfing.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:58 am

I’ve actually had it on today because I wanted to see Al Allen who used to do live shots anywhere, anytime.
Much beloved and respected newsman who retired several years back and they actually got him in a live truck for a bit :-)

Get Alan Lee and the rest of the crew from 2008-2010 and maybe it would be watchable again.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:26 am

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:42 pm

Local news has been a joke for a long time.

Fox 2 always struck me as being the station for the "ham & egger" or weekly bowling league types. I'm sure Alan Lee and Rich Luterman are nice guys, but the talent pool here in the 70's and 80's was a lot deeper.

The 90's brought the legendary Warren Pierce to TV. Remember, BMW stands for "Borrow me, Warren!" :rollin

I suppose you had to be there.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic