Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What happened to Maz on the DMP?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
J-Ten

What happened to Maz on the DMP?

Post by J-Ten » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:41 am

Did he get fired? Did he leave on his own? What is he doing for work now?

macgoldfan

Re: What happened to Maz on the DMP?

Post by macgoldfan » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:51 pm

Drew fired him from his one day week in studio but is still a "correspondent" that can call in and keep his press passes but he has his own three day week podcast with another network is probably why he was let go.

Drew can't deal with any competition, real or perceived, wouldn't even give him a plug for his podcast.

He doesn't get it that podcasts aren't really in competition with each other, if it's good people will listen when they want unlike radio where they tune in just when there in the car. Most podcast listeners listen to many different podcasts daily. Cross promotion is good for all.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

macgoldfan

Post by macgoldfan » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:57 pm

J-Ten wrote:Did he get fired? Did he leave on his own? What is he doing for work now?
Drew fired him from his one day week in studio but is still a "correspondent" that can call in and keep his press passes but he has his own three day week podcast with another network is probably why he was let go.

Drew can't deal with any competition, real or perceived, wouldn't even give him a plug for his podcast.

He doesn't get it that podcasts aren't really in competition with each other, if it's good people will listen when they want unlike radio where they tune in just when there in the car. Most podcast listeners listen to many different podcasts daily. Cross promotion is good for all.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:13 pm

Who the hell would want to listen to a Tom Mazeway podcast?

Let me guess - one of his first interviews will be with that senile goon, Lynn Henning.

mikemach

Post by mikemach » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:18 am

I actually liked Tom on Drew's podcast, the Tuesday show was usually my favorite of the week. I'll still listen but something about that guy made the show fun.

JGP1954

Post by JGP1954 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:23 pm

I love Maz on the DMP. His 60s references, pop culture stuff, etc., are a hoot. He's the perfect fall guy when things go wrong. Drew should bring him back. He's the perfect comic foil.

thekman

Post by thekman » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:26 pm

mikemach wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:18 am
I actually liked Tom on Drew's podcast, the Tuesday show was usually my favorite of the week. I'll still listen but something about that guy made the show fun.
I completely agree. Tom was easily my favorite non-Drew person on the show. He always cracked me up, love his Frank Beckmann stories. The Tuesday episode was appointment listening for me. I’ll still listen somewhat, but his dismissal has really soured me on the show.

thekman

Post by thekman » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:35 pm

JGP1954 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:23 pm
I love Maz on the DMP. His 60s references, pop culture stuff, etc., are a hoot. He's the perfect fall guy when things go wrong. Drew should bring him back. He's the perfect comic foil.
I feel like Maz is both the most beloved and most disliked person on the show. There does not seem to be much in between with him.

Does anyone like Fellhauer? I’m sure somebody must, but I’ve yet to run into a fan of the show that’s a fan of him.

mikemach

Post by mikemach » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:12 am

I have a love/hate thing with Fellhauer. He is actually full of knowledge about the past of the show and current pop culture. I think he really helps carry the show. But at times he can be so damn condescending. I'll never forget the time Charlie Leduff put him in his place on the podcast. Overall I guess I like him though, at least 80% of the time.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:10 am

They have been wanting to get rid of Maz for awhile. They make fun of Maz to his face and behind his back. He was just a drag on the DMP payroll. Maz was only kept around because they felt sorry for him.
Last edited by Mr.Transistor on Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hmtb44

Post by hmtb44 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:49 am

Disappointed that Maz is gone. I thought he was pretty funny and had some good stories.
Marc seems like a good guy. I bumped into him a couple of times at Greater Media.
He made a point to come and say hello, and a little small talk.

I still really enjoy the podcast.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:59 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:13 pm

Let me guess - one of his first interviews will be with that senile goon, Lynn Henning.
Wrong again, my rancid colleague. It's the brilliance that is Frank Beckmann, who's speaking to Henning as I type this :lol

I have never understood the hatred and vitriol for Tom Mazawey. He's a SPORTS GUY for God's sake! He is absolutely supposed to be a foil for the lead characters of the program. Sports is supposed to be fun. Would you prefer the ultra stiff, unsmiling, "I take myself too seriously" delivery of Jeff Lesson? Or Scott "Gator" Anderson?

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:22 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:59 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:13 pm

Wrong again, my rancid colleague. It's the brilliance that is Frank Beckmann, who's speaking to Henning as I type this :lol

I have never understood the hatred and vitriol for Tom Mazawey. He's a SPORTS GUY for God's sake! He is absolutely supposed to be a foil for the lead characters of the program. Sports is supposed to be fun. Would you prefer the ultra stiff, unsmiling, "I take myself too seriously" delivery of Jeff Lesson? Or Scott "Gator" Anderson?
Well, everyone here hates the fun, entertaining Bernie and loves the serious, all-sports guys like Dan Miller. So I think we may know the answer..

Ohio_Quebecois

Post by Ohio_Quebecois » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:22 pm

I like Maz a lot. He seems like a great guy and a ton of fun. However, like Drew said they had a certain show four days a week and a totally different one on Wednesday. Hopefully they will actually use him as a correspondent, as that would be his best fit with that crew.
If there was a show I’d like to hear him on occasionally, it would be the no filter show.

thekman

Post by thekman » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:32 pm

mikemach wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:12 am
I have a love/hate thing with Fellhauer. He is actually full of knowledge about the past of the show and current pop culture. I think he really helps carry the show. But at times he can be so damn condescending. I'll never forget the time Charlie Leduff put him in his place on the podcast. Overall I guess I like him though, at least 80% of the time.
LeDuff vs Fellhauer was epic. Probably my fave moment ever on the podcast.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic