Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Little investigating by on air investigative reporters

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
696lover

Little investigating by on air investigative reporters

Post by 696lover » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:36 am

Green toxic ooze on the freeway from a literal basement pit of toxic fumes the EPA completely missed?

Of course 7's weekend event promo reporter should uncover all the facts, to have to hand the story over to the crack investigative team. Then the school bus reporter decided to go check out the polluter's other property, because the investigators are too busy stealing stories elsewhere...

she, of course, finds something,

Meanwhile 4's crack team is prepping for Taco Tuesday. And 2 are all updating their resumes

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Little investigating by on air investigative reporters

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:34 am

Not sure I follow your point...

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:22 am

The Green Ooze guy has house in Sanilac county that is a mess.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

tivoking

Post by tivoking » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:11 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:34 am
I think he likes Jennifer Ann Wilson (weekend reporter) on Channel 7, and she was the one doing all of the investigative reporting early on, then they gave the story to Kim Russell in the evening. Jennifer Ann was getting a lot of interaction on Twitter with the story. I'm guessing the senior reporter got jealous or someting. :lol: Maybe management figured the person getting paid a lot more should be doing the more important stories.

deadend

Post by deadend » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:52 pm

I have no idea what the original poster is trying to tell us.

non-anon bob

Post by non-anon bob » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:31 pm

He's trying to say Jennifer Ann is an excellent reporter...I agree. She's tall and has GREAT legs too! :D

...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

696lover

Post by 696lover » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:09 pm

tivoking wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:11 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:34 am
I think he likes Jennifer Ann Wilson (weekend reporter) on Channel 7, and she was the one doing all of the investigative reporting early on, then they gave the story to Kim Russell in the evening. Jennifer Ann was getting a lot of interaction on Twitter with the story. I'm guessing the senior reporter got jealous or someting. :lol: Maybe management figured the person getting paid a lot more should be doing the more important stories.
She is likable, but the issue is that the weekend event promotion reporter took a 'what is this colored water' story and turned it into a real investigation, and another general beat reporter made it much wider...

meanwhile the 'investigative' reporters from all three stations sat around to get spoon fed another 'story'

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:30 am

After reading a reply to a comment I made on another thread, I got to thinking about this thread, and investigative reporters.
What if these reporters investigating the 696 Ooze would of went into the closest pub or lounge, bought a round for the house, and asked folks there what they knew about it.
Would they of found out more than they ever wanted to know about the company and the owner?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic