Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I'm not a big fan of WYCD's new imaging

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

I'm not a big fan of WYCD's new imaging

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:17 am

Sorry, but I'm not a fan of WYCD's new imaging.

The voiceovers (done by the same guy used by 96.7 in Windsor and 97.5 in Lansing, and ironically, the short-lived disaster known as 94.3 The Bone) sound muddy & cheap. It's not that the V/O artist is a poor choice for country radio...his stuff on Country 102.5 in Boston sounds great. It's just that the recording quality sounds poor.

I guess I'm OK with the station shortening its moniker to "99-5 YCD."

Jingle use seems to have been scaled back, too. For example, a jingle no longer accompanies the TOH ID. Hopefully they don't toss jingles out the window completely as WDRQ and WDVD have recently done. I hate it when non-Rock music stations don't use jingles!!!

armchair pd

Re: I'm not a big fan of WYCD's new imaging

Post by armchair pd » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:53 pm

I haven't cared for YCD's or WOMC's imaging for awhile now. I assume same person produces both stations. I always found it way overproduced. Just a personal preference I guess.

WDVD still occasionally uses jingles. I wish they'd use them more as well, it's a good jingle package.

BKRPDM

Post by BKRPDM » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:15 pm

I don’t care for WOMC’s imaging either. The jingles aren’t very good, IMO. The previous voiceover guy was a bit better than the present one...I believe the new voice has been in place since sometime in 2017. His pronunciation of “O” has always sounded a bit weird to me.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:51 pm

When did YCD drop Brian Lee as their imaging voice?

MrTaterSalad

Post by MrTaterSalad » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:51 am

I know it will never happen because he's "too country" but I wish WYCD would bring back John Willyard for voice overs. I also wish WOMC would use Randy Reeves again while we're on the subject. WYCD and WOMC never sounded better as a station than when Willyard and Reeves were doing the voice work on the respective stations.Both of those things will never happen though.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:55 pm

When did YCD drop Brian Lee as their imaging voice?
Within the past week.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic