Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

105.9 Kiss FM will carry Rickey Smiley in morning drive

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

105.9 Kiss FM will carry Rickey Smiley in morning drive

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:29 pm

As those who read the Buzzboard regularly know, when Beasley Media took control of 105.9 WDMK last summer, one condition of the deal required Beasley to continue to carry Urban One's syndicated morning drive (Tom Joyner) and afternoon drive (D.L. Hughley) offerings on the station.

Of course, back then, it was already known Tom Joyner would be hanging up his headphones at the end of 2019. What was unclear was whether or not WDMK would be carrying his successor, Rickey Smiley.

Now, we know the answer - yes they will.

105.9 is already running promos for the new Rickey Smiley morning show.

When I have some extra time, I'll have to see if I can pull up the Asset Purchase Agreement from the FCC web site to see if I can determine when the "must carry" programming burdens placed on Beasley Media will expire.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Mega Hertz

Re: 105.9 Kiss FM will carry Rickey Smiley in morning drive

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:28 pm

So this means Beasley will continuing with the old school/r&b format for a while. Cool.

Any leaks yet on 107.5? Really hoping for something good...
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic