Lots of new registrations this past week; thank you! Registrations in the queue from March 26 through March 27 at 7:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WADL is removing Cozi Jan 1

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Splouge
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:34 pm
Location: Melvindale

WADL is removing Cozi Jan 1

Post by Splouge » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:27 pm

I was watching WADL 38.4, and a locally inserted (emphasis on locally) screen crawl stated the following, or at least something similar

"COZI TV WILL NO LONGER BE BROADCAST ON THIS CHANNEL STARTING JAN 1, 2020. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT COZI TV DIRECTLY."

Shitty move, WADL. Shitty fucking move



Splouge
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:34 pm
Location: Melvindale

Re: WADL is removing Cozi Jan 1

Post by Splouge » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:55 pm

UPDATE: I read somewhere that it's moving to WDIV 4.4 starting Jan 6. Which makes sense considering Graham Media owns some Cozi affiliates. And Cozi is owned by NBC

38.4 will be the new home for 910 AM, uggh



User avatar
mtburb
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: Wyandotte, 17 miles from Southfield, 38 miles from Oregon

Re: WADL is removing Cozi Jan 1

Post by mtburb » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:47 pm

RabbitEars isn't listing this yet.


My furthest DTV tropo: KDKA Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 202 miles for three days in January 2017 and a night in September 2017 with only an Antennas Direct C2V!

Current setup: Antennas Direct C2Max (2018-present)

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 3360
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: WADL is removing Cozi Jan 1

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:39 pm

Seems to me this is a win for fans of Cozi.

WDIV's signal is much better in the western half of the market than that of WADL.

WDIV also will have a better chance of persuading cable companies to carry Cozi.


C'mon 106.7 WSRT - flip to 90's & early 00's Classic Country!!!

km1125
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: WADL is removing Cozi Jan 1

Post by km1125 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:41 pm

Glad to see it's going to land somewhere else. We probably watch COZI as much as any other subchannel.



Splouge
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:34 pm
Location: Melvindale

Re: WADL is removing Cozi Jan 1

Post by Splouge » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:18 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:39 pm
Seems to me this is a win for fans of Cozi.

WDIV's signal is much better in the western half of the market than that of WADL.

WDIV also will have a better chance of persuading cable companies to carry Cozi.
Well, sort of a loss, sort of a gain, WDIV has pre empted MeTV programming before, and now they'll probably do the same to Cozi. But at the same time, WADL's picture quality leaves much to be desired, and the feed gets knocked out quite often, same happens with WADL's other channels.



User avatar
rugratsonline
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:20 pm

Re: WADL is removing Cozi Jan 1

Post by rugratsonline » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:26 am

Splouge wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:27 pm
I was watching WADL 38.4, and a locally inserted (emphasis on locally) screen crawl stated the following, or at least something similar

"COZI TV WILL NO LONGER BE BROADCAST ON THIS CHANNEL STARTING JAN 1, 2020. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT COZI TV DIRECTLY."

Shitty move, WADL. Shitty fucking move
Just as crappy is the fact that they not only neglected to include Cozi's contact info, but neglected the fact that it was moving to another channel. Apparently, whoever wrote the ticker was ticked off...



Splouge
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:34 pm
Location: Melvindale

Re: WADL is removing Cozi Jan 1

Post by Splouge » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:07 am

rugratsonline wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:26 am
Splouge wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:27 pm
I was watching WADL 38.4, and a locally inserted (emphasis on locally) screen crawl stated the following, or at least something similar

"COZI TV WILL NO LONGER BE BROADCAST ON THIS CHANNEL STARTING JAN 1, 2020. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT COZI TV DIRECTLY."

Shitty move, WADL. Shitty fucking move
Just as crappy is the fact that they not only neglected to include Cozi's contact info, but neglected the fact that it was moving to another channel. Apparently, whoever wrote the ticker was ticked off...
They did include the phone number, I just couldn't remember it, and even if I could, I would not post it here because I don't want people harassing Cozi when this is WADL's decision. I also don't think the number they provided was Cozi's number, as I couldn't find any number with the same area code on Cozi's website.



km1125
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: WADL is removing Cozi Jan 1

Post by km1125 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:17 am

Yes, they did provide a number on at least some of the crawls. I was wondering if that number went to COZI so they could inform viewers where they were moving to (and get some feedback direct from viewers) or to some WADL link to put pressure on the station. It was not a local number though... maybe a 212 area code?



User avatar
SolarMax
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:59 pm
Location: 313

Re: WADL is removing Cozi Jan 1

Post by SolarMax » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:07 pm

Splouge wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:27 pm
I was watching WADL 38.4, and a locally inserted (emphasis on locally) screen crawl stated the following, or at least something similar

"COZI TV WILL NO LONGER BE BROADCAST ON THIS CHANNEL STARTING JAN 1, 2020. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT COZI TV DIRECTLY."

Shitty move, WADL. Shitty fucking move
Do we know if this move was initiated by Cozi's owner or WADL?
If it's a done deal, which seems the case, then there's really nothing that viewer calls or emails to WADL or to Cozi will cause it to change. We really have no voice in these business decisions. We remember the hue and cry after Decades' operator pulled it from ch. 62 and other CBS O&Os.
A possibly very disturbing result could be that MeTV, one of the better "nostalgia" channels, leaves WDIV, since there would be two such diginets on ch 4.



fuzzpower
Posts: 758
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:37 pm

Re: WADL is removing Cozi Jan 1

Post by fuzzpower » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:33 pm

Overall, MeTV is the best for classic TV. If they leave WDIV, someone will pick them up. Luckily, I still have WTVG’s subchannel.



Splouge
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:34 pm
Location: Melvindale

Re: WADL is removing Cozi Jan 1

Post by Splouge » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:12 pm

I wouldn't worry about WDIV removing MeTV. Some other Graham Holdings stations carry competing nostalgia networks on the same signal:

WKMG Orlando
6.1 CBS
6.2 Dabl
6.3 Cozi
6.4 Start TV
6.5 Decades (Decades is owned by the same company that owns MeTV)

WSLS Roanoke
10.1 NBC
10.2 GetTV
10.3 MeTV
10.4 Start TV
10.5 Movies!


KEEP IN MIND, WDIV picking up Cozi is not 100% for sure. I just found this information on another broadcasting forum.



mmg
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:05 am

Re: WADL is removing Cozi Jan 1

Post by mmg » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:52 am

Splouge wrote:I wouldn't worry about WDIV removing MeTV. Some other Graham Holdings stations carry competing nostalgia networks on the same signal:

WKMG Orlando
6.1 CBS
6.2 Dabl
6.3 Cozi
6.4 Start TV
6.5 Decades (Decades is owned by the same company that owns MeTV)

WSLS Roanoke
10.1 NBC
10.2 GetTV
10.3 MeTV
10.4 Start TV
10.5 Movies!


KEEP IN MIND, WDIV picking up Cozi is not 100% for sure. I just found this information on another broadcasting forum.
If you don’t mind my asking, which other forum?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro



mmg
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:05 am

Re: WADL is removing Cozi Jan 1

Post by mmg » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:52 am

Splouge wrote:I wouldn't worry about WDIV removing MeTV. Some other Graham Holdings stations carry competing nostalgia networks on the same signal:

WKMG Orlando
6.1 CBS
6.2 Dabl
6.3 Cozi
6.4 Start TV
6.5 Decades (Decades is owned by the same company that owns MeTV)

WSLS Roanoke
10.1 NBC
10.2 GetTV
10.3 MeTV
10.4 Start TV
10.5 Movies!


KEEP IN MIND, WDIV picking up Cozi is not 100% for sure. I just found this information on another broadcasting forum.
If you don’t mind my asking, which other forum?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro



Splouge
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:34 pm
Location: Melvindale

Re: WADL is removing Cozi Jan 1

Post by Splouge » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:08 am

I think it was called Radio Discussions



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic