Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

1270 to Begin

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario

edj

Re: 1270 to Begin

Post by edj » Wed May 01, 2024 6:27 am

Been so long since I’ve listened to Fox Sports Radio for any length that I don’t recall how Weiss and Gamble’s shows are, Come to think of it, I don’t recall Hunter’s show on the abysmal 105.1 either.

From the article, it sounds like it will be heavy on basketball, my least favorite of the major sports.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu May 02, 2024 6:03 pm

edj wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 6:27 am
From the article, it sounds like it will be heavy on basketball, my least favorite of the major sports.
I believe I may have posted this before, possibly under another appellation.

I used to work at a place that had weekly safety meetings. About 40 to 50 fellow coworkers would sit around for 10 minutes or so waiting on supervision to start the show. I think because of something I read here on Buzzboard, I threw out this question to everyone:

"Out of the 4 sports, which is your least favorite. Which one you can take it or leave it".

Out of the 40 or so, all but 5 said basketball. What was interesting is the ones that didn't say basketball all said hockey.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Fri May 03, 2024 8:13 am

My answer would be basketball, however I do pay more attention to and watch more basketball games during the NBA playoffs. It's the only sport I pay little attention to, during the regular season. As for the new 1270 WXYT-AM, I'm actually looking forward to the new lineup. It may be the last chance for any local content on that vintage AM station. Certainly better than almost non-stop gambling talk.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic