Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:41 pm

I'm tempted to go to one of these remote shows. Just to see how the sausage gets made. Maybe literally.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:50 pm

This show is a complete train wreck, like it is a complete waste of time. So WDTK decides to bring him back but on the condition that Ron does all remotes and can't work out of the studio??? LMAO he pissed someone off at the station, Ronnie C can't take a hint- time to hang it up man. It was bad radio before but he has got to a new level of bad. Yesterday he kept saying there's usually a lot of email by now..... the guy has been MIA for almost a month and then expects to just pick up where he left off?? One of the caveats of Ron coming back was that they get rid of Matt so you won't see that disaster anymore. My prediction is this train wreck of a show won't last very long. I give it to the end of the month with this format and then who knows perhaps the end of this "show".

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:51 pm

Catching a snippet of Sunday’s show live, and I love how Ron is PISSED this dive bar that is “hosting” him is buzzing somewhat with “activity”, ya know: people, paying customers, clientele. I think with his spotty track record of food service establishments, Ron forgot what it takes to make a bar/restaurant successful.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:57 pm

Knew there was no way Ron could do 2 hours with Mark without at least one Golden Girls reference.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:58 pm

Maybe Ron pissed off the station by eating on the job and leaving too many crumbs.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:09 pm

I didn’t listen to the entire show but did mr positive call in this weekend? Yeah this remote setup is a disaster. He needs to be back in the studio with Matt. He didn’t realize how good he had it.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:17 pm

Yes, Mr. Positive called.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:05 pm

Max Dugan's is a dump and a dive, no doubt. I was there last night and had a blast. The owner is trying to attract blues fans and has hired some of the better local blues acts. The group who was there last night will be playing one Saturday a month.

I'll give him credit for marketing chutzpah, too. The place is just off the 10 Mile/Cousins exit from eastbound I-696, the exit that's closed because of the hazmat situation from that closed electroplating plant. I had to take a roundabout way to get there last night. There's a new drink special, "green ooze".

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:14 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:05 pm
Max Dugan's is a dump and a dive, no doubt. I was there last night and had a blast. The owner is trying to attract blues fans and has hired some of the better local blues acts. The group who was there last night will be playing one Saturday a month.

I'll give him credit for marketing chutzpah, too. The place is just off the 10 Mile/Cousins exit from eastbound I-696, the exit that's closed because of the hazmat situation from that closed electroplating plant. I had to take a roundabout way to get there last night. There's a new drink special, "green ooze".
I live less than a mile from that plating building.
Maybe I should be more concerned about whats coming out of my tap...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:29 pm

well water?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

313sports

Post by 313sports » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:54 pm

I'm sure because it's a remote, callers can't hear too well when someone else is speaking or they hear themselves again before the next person responds. That explains why everyone was talking over each other. He didn't feel well a few weeks ago, so I wonder if that caused an episode that had him banned from the studio. Pretty strange setup, him going remote every show for the foreseeable future is going to be a clown show. I wonder if Matt and Alex are both gone?

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:28 am

This trainwreck reminds me of when Ron was on WCAR around 2014. He had one line to the studio, so everytime he had a (rare) caller, the call waiting beep could be heard whenever another caller was trying to get in. The constant beeps would interfere with the existing call. Mysteriously, those callers would disappear whenever the existing call ended, with Ron pleading for the caller(s) to call again. Nothing. Then the beeps would reemerge whenever another caller got on with Ron. I was convinced that someone was intentionally playing with Ron's mind, as he talked to himself in constant, utter frustration. It was the best of times. Or maybe these were just "insurance" callers.

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:41 am

Momo wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:28 am
This trainwreck reminds me of when Ron was on WCAR around 2014. He had one line to the studio, so everytime he had a (rare) caller, the call waiting beep could be heard whenever another caller was trying to get in. The constant beeps would interfere with the existing call. Mysteriously, those callers would disappear whenever the existing call ended, with Ron pleading for the caller(s) to call again. Nothing. Then the beeps would reemerge whenever another caller got on with Ron. I was convinced that someone was intentionally playing with Ron's mind, as he talked to himself in constant, utter frustration. It was the best of times. Or maybe these were just "insurance" callers.
I totally remember when this used to happen, the “call waiting” beep a minor occurrence, but Ron would kick into full drama mode about the beeping, like he couldn’t possibly overcome it! Like it was somehow an insurmountable barrier to the ultimate professionalism of his show! Not quite being “the radio pro” Mark Wilson (with a “bit” of sarcasm) told Ron to be last night (which of course, Ron ignored/couldn’t hear!).

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:14 am

Wondering what - other than his constant abuse of Matt - Ron could possibly have done to have been banned from the studio.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:38 am

They must be trying to get him to quit by making things difficult, this is something you do to new hosts at the station to try to promote the station. It is some terrible radio, for a 75 year old talk show host who is in terrible shape. I don't even think Cowboy called in the 2nd hour. I think he's missing at least 50% of his normal callers. He was in a good mood even with all the disasters going on during the broadcast, just imagine when he's in a bad mood and all the disaster are going on!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic