Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:10 pm

Clarence in It's a Wonderful Life had someone like Ron in mind when he said that "No man is a failure who has friends."

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:15 pm

Momo wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:10 pm
Clarence in It's a Wonderful Life had someone like Ron in mind when he said that "No man is a failure who has friends."
Ha ha ha.Great post Momo.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:25 pm

Alex, all the pre-MLB draft talk last year seemed to have the Tigers picking Marcelo Mayer if he was available. So it was a surprise to many of us when an available Mayer was not selected. Do you think the Tigers would've picked Jack Leiter who went right before their pick had he been available?

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:27 pm

Does Ron have any stories about the late Bob Saget?

https://www.tmz.com/2022/01/09/bob-sage ... ull-house/

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:28 pm

Technical difficultiesThey let Alex talk for 5 minutes when nobody could understand him.Maybe Martin is producing the show,

1alexalway

Post by 1alexalway » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:55 pm

The amount of callers at the end was a pleasant surprise. I wish I could have asked the Jack Leiter question!

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:04 am

Monday morning quarterbacking Sportstalk edition:

Anyone think Ron is getting tired of doing the show, past few weeks he has been a bit more frustrated then usual with emails and calls.

It’s Sunday night from 6-9, he’s not really a spring chicken and has to hustle to get ads to pay for air time on the station. I am surprised in today’s environment he can get ads for radio show that not many listen to: I don’t know if he makes any money for himself after paying the station on this.

I have been familiar with him from his tv days with Bob Paige and started listening to him during the pandemic after reading posts here, which for sure have made Sunday nights entertaining especially with the conversation on the board

I am sure the veterans out there can add if it’s just ron being ron, or something different any thoughts? If next week is guest less that should be interesting as I believe since he has made the move to the patriot he has had some kind of guest to help out

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:06 am

radiofan1974 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:04 am

Anyone think Ron is getting tired of doing the show, past few weeks he has been a bit more frustrated then usual with emails and calls.

It’s Sunday night from 6-9, he’s not really a spring chicken and has to hustle to get ads to pay for air time on the station. I am surprised in today’s environment he can get ads for radio show that not many listen to: I don’t know if he makes any money for himself after paying the station on this.

I have been familiar with him from his tv days with Bob Paige and started listening to him during the pandemic after reading posts here, which for sure have made Sunday nights entertaining especially with the conversation on the board

I am sure the veterans out there can add if it’s just ron being ron, or something different any thoughts? If next week is guest less that should be interesting as I believe since he has made the move to the patriot he has had some kind of guest to help out
He will probably flame out with frustration. This might be the prelude to that. He turns 77 next week—an age when most people are long retired. But his restless, compulsive nature will keep him going. He's probably living on the edge financially, too.

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:44 am

radiofan1974 wrote:

I don't see any change in Ron. He is what he is. I think he needs to continue to work to support his lavish lifestyle. Eating at the finer restaurants & now living in upgraded conditions. It looks like he's traded in his front desk work at his Allen Park motel for running spots, instead, for his new Marriott digs.

Interesting to learn that Martin is still in the picture. Their fans are eager for an on-air reunion of this combustible duo!

I shouldn't have been surprised that Ron's already talking about getting Rich Kincaide back as a guest soon. And certainly not surprised that he never met Rich's wife. A couple of years, Ron was surprised to hear that his great buddy Ray Scott was married. And had been for about 50 years.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:43 am

radiofan1974 wrote:

Radiofan I agree with your sentiments. I've expressed that as well. I don't think the Sunday night time slot suits Ron very well but Ron will take what he can get. I think he'll get a guest next week come hell or high water. He knows he can't sustain a 3 three hour show with a handful of callers and for the show prep he puts in which is zero. I think Mark Wilson is due up next in the cycle and if he can't find anyone watch him try to bring in Rich Kincaide. To your point about him being tired of doing the show, I think he thought moving back to the Patriot would bear more fruit, but it hasn't, however he needs the meals so he's going to continue on the hamster wheel.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:12 pm

Momo wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:44 am
radiofan1974 wrote:

I don't see any change in Ron. He is what he is. I think he needs to continue to work to support his lavish lifestyle. Eating at the finer restaurants & now living in upgraded conditions. It looks like he's traded in his front desk work at his Allen Park motel for running spots, instead, for his new Marriott digs.

Interesting to learn that Martin is still in the picture. Their fans are eager for an on-air reunion of this combustible duo!

I shouldn't have been surprised that Ron's already talking about getting Rich Kincaide back as a guest soon. And certainly not surprised that he never met Rich's wife. A couple of years, Ron was surprised to hear that his great buddy Ray Scott was married. And had been for about 50 years.
I must have stepped away when Martins question was answered, so he still helps out? Perhaps Martin is a guest next week, if ron can’t find other guests

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:16 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:43 am
radiofan1974 wrote:

Radiofan I agree with your sentiments. I've expressed that as well. I don't think the Sunday night time slot suits Ron very well but Ron will take what he can get. I think he'll get a guest next week come hell or high water. He knows he can't sustain a 3 three hour show with a handful of callers and for the show prep he puts in which is zero. I think Mark Wilson is due up next in the cycle and if he can't find anyone watch him try to bring in Rich Kincaide. To your point about him being tired of doing the show, I think he thought moving back to the Patriot would bear more fruit, but it hasn't, however he needs the meals so he's going to continue on the hamster wheel.
Whenever Mark does come back on, he’s a trooper or must be a good friend from days gone back. The guy lives in Vegas and is nice enough to do three hours on a Sunday

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:02 pm

I don't think Mark Wilson comes on because he is a nice guy,He needs exposure,Nobody is willing to hire him,,His podcast failed.Perhaps if Ron,gives it up,Mark,will come back,to Detroit to,do,brokered radio.On,another topic if Martin is a guest I am going to call in.

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:12 pm

radiofan1974 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:12 pm
I must have stepped away when Martins question was answered, so he still helps out? Perhaps Martin is a guest next week, if ron can’t find other guests
My question wasn’t answered, but my very strong suspicion is that Martin is a part of the broadcast team if he’s still responsible for the Twitter page.

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:09 pm

Momo wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:12 pm
radiofan1974 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:12 pm
My question wasn’t answered, but my very strong suspicion is that Martin is a part of the broadcast team if he’s still responsible for the Twitter page.
I understand why that question,was never answered,.Would you,want to,admit that you are so hard up,for staff that you hired Martin?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic