Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:58 am

Bobbert wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:07 am
So it looks like there will be no recording of Mr. Positive's review of the Elvis movie. I was looking forward to that.
As of Sunday night, he had already seen it three times. So I think it's safe to say he gave it a thumbs-up.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:00 pm

Serious question here. With all the references to the buzzboard made by Mr. P, Cowboy, Alex, and anyone else I am not naming: Has Ron ever once decided to look at this thread for himself or is he just that computer illiterate that he does not know how to pull up a search engine and look? I guess there is nothing wrong with that but it just reminds me of him yelling at countless producers to pull something up to research on the computer and him yelling at them as to why they cannot pull up the info lickity split.
I think Momo said this in the past? We all know Ron will never come up with the 50 years in Detroit sports media market autobiography cause he's so "busy" but perhaps this thread on the buzzboard written from numerous contributors/authors would be a worthy/honest submission for a publisher?

ShempLives

Post by ShempLives » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:01 pm

A caveat regarding the podcast for the last two hours of June 26, 2022's show: After the promotion for 6 O'Clock Talk with Darryl Wood, the volume is very low. After the recording of the news, the remnants of Ron's show begins.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:45 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:00 pm
Serious question here. With all the references to the buzzboard made by Mr. P, Cowboy, Alex, and anyone else I am not naming: Has Ron ever once decided to look at this thread for himself or is he just that computer illiterate that he does not know how to pull up a search engine and look? I guess there is nothing wrong with that but it just reminds me of him yelling at countless producers to pull something up to research on the computer and him yelling at them as to why they cannot pull up the info lickity split.
I think Momo said this in the past? We all know Ron will never come up with the 50 years in Detroit sports media market autobiography cause he's so "busy" but perhaps this thread on the buzzboard written from numerous contributors/authors would be a worthy/honest submission for a publisher?
In the past he has made some brief comments about not looking at it, but with Ron’s personality, I feel that as Mr P promotes how he is the leader with so many posts that would get his ego going and he would ask who ever is in the studio to pull it up for him I would think .

Luke or Alex if you come across this any feedback on this??

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:55 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
He probably doesn't see any personal benefit in doing it. It's fed his ego a little bit to hear about it, but he doesn't want on-air mentions of the buzzboard to take the focus off of him.

This whole thread forms a unique picture of Ron that differs from a standard biography or a Wikipedia page or a newspaper article. The best use of its content would probably be to find more ways to publicize it.

1alexalway

Post by 1alexalway » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:19 pm

radiofan1974 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:45 pm
Mr.Transistor wrote:
In the past he has made some brief comments about not looking at it, but with Ron’s personality, I feel that as Mr P promotes how he is the leader with so many posts that would get his ego going and he would ask who ever is in the studio to pull it up for him I would think .

He's been forced to become familiar with it because it gets mentioned on-air, but brushes it off as insignificant because it's not a mainstream way of communicating. Almost like he challenges the validity of anything he isn't familiar with but has no interest in learning about.

Majik

Post by Majik » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:06 am

1alexalway wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:19 pm
radiofan1974 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:45 pm
Mr.Transistor wrote:

He's been forced to become familiar with it because it gets mentioned on-air, but brushes it off as insignificant because it's not a mainstream way of communicating. Almost like he challenges the validity of anything he isn't familiar with but has no interest in learning about.
Only an incompetent boob would think of the internet as insignificant because it’s not a mainstream way of communicating. Siz has lost the world’s phone number.

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:24 am

When you believe you’re a legendary figure, the idol of young & old, it’s not hard to imagine that the “been there, done that” Ron would view his immense & enduring “popularity” here as just more of the same evidence of the power he knows he wields over his subjects.

ShempLives

Post by ShempLives » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:43 am

After listening to an on-air recording of the first hour of June 26, 2022's cavalcade of incompetence, I believe I can put to rest my suspicion of Ron's comments being "too hot to handle" for WDTK's podcasts. As the first few moments after "We Are the Champions" were dead air and efforts to contact Denny McLain had the sounds of dial tones battling with Mr. Cameron's show later in that ill-fated first hour, labeling the last two hours as "Hour 1, 2 and 3" is a continuation of the tone involving the broadcast. The host's comments about television management not wanting "professionalism" with Tiger announcers seemed quite ironic.
Last edited by ShempLives on Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:47 am

Miguel Cabrera got an infield hit last night. I wonder how long it will take Ron to recover from it.

https://youtu.be/dVXNAzaEgVM?t=31

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:32 am

Hearing of all the untold number of people - castoffs, I'm sure, of a now-defunct insurance company - who came up to Ron on the street last week to congratulate him on his great interview of Jim Kaat, makes me wonder if Ron ever yearns for the day, so very long ago, where he could enjoy some semblance of anonymity.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:49 am

Momo wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:32 am
Hearing of all the untold number of people - castoffs, I'm sure, of a now-defunct insurance company - who came up to Ron on the street last week to congratulate him on his great interview of Jim Kaat, makes me wonder if Ron ever yearns for the day, so very long ago, where he could enjoy some semblance of anonymity.
I can just imagine him trying to get back to his hotel room after his show or the following week. Poor guy probably can’t walk the lobby without getting constantly bothered for pictures and autographs

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:58 am

If Ron Cameron read 1 page of this thread:

If Ron Cameron read 3 pages of this thread:

If Ron Cameron read 10 pages of this thread:

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:01 pm

ShempLives wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:01 pm
A caveat regarding the podcast for the last two hours of June 26, 2022's show: After the promotion for 6 O'Clock Talk with Darryl Wood, the volume is very low. After the recording of the news, the remnants of Ron's show begins.
That's always been my experience. I always listen to the podcast on headphones with the volume turned way up on both the computer and headphones.

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:03 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:58 am
If Ron Cameron read 1 page of this thread:

If Ron Cameron read 3 pages of this thread:

If Ron Cameron read 10 pages of this thread:

Never thought Frank Sinatra, Jr., would make an appearance in these pages!

A Lily Tomlin line seems to speak to Ron: “I can handle reality in small doses, but as a lifestyle, it’s much too confining.”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic