Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
radiofan1974

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:36 pm

Mr Wilson is probably thinking-why did I agree to
This for three hours, he’s a good man for doing this

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:38 pm

I guess in Ron's addled mind running backs (Barry Sanders) can win NFL playoff games, but QBs (Matthew Stafford) cannot.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:48 pm

Ron is so out of touch that he had no idea that Rod & Mario didn't get along.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:50 pm

Mark wilson is like-this talk about Jim Price is important because……..

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:59 pm

And that’s a wrap!

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:43 am

I missed the entire show in the new Sunday time slot, hoping they get SportsTalk onto the local podcast page on The Patriot’s website.

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:07 am

Momo wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:03 pm
Make note of the Townhall.com news, as Ron used to always say that The Patriot was a Fox News station.
I don’t believe this was behind one of my lifetime bans, but when I once corrected Ron about The Patriot not being a “Fox News” station, he ordered his then-producer to hang-up on me, harrumphing, "trying to tell me where I work!" As is his wont, Ron is so desperate to soak in the reflected glory of others, see Cory Lidle, the breadth of Bugsy Watson’s restaurant success, Gordie, Ernie, Howie Haak (the "only scout in the MLB HOF"), that he’s not above a little, ahem, embellishment.

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:50 am

uncleb67 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:43 am
I missed the entire show in the new Sunday time slot, hoping they get SportsTalk onto the local podcast page on The Patriot’s website.
No Kurt or the Warren boys, but you missed a double dose each of the returning Cowboy, who Ron seems eager to cut off, & JJ, who's given free rein.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:11 pm

Momo wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:50 am
uncleb67 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:43 am
No Kurt or the Warren boys, but you missed a double dose each of the returning Cowboy, who Ron seems eager to cut off, & JJ, who's given free rein.
Ron takes for granted that all of his listeners will follow him along to his latest radio station along with day and time changes. That being said I think most do but would expect some to drop off and others to hop back on the train. I was unable to catch all of the re-grand opening of the show but of course he bad mouthed WPON like he always does when he leaves the latest station. This guy has never been a fan of the phrase " don't burn bridges" instead he lights the torch. Hat's off to Mark Wilson for sticking around for 3 hours. I'm sure a few cocktails were in store for him yesterday evening after that. Ron always the gracious host/person :roll:

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:04 pm

I don't blame Ron for bad mouthing wpon.They stuck him with a lazy no talent producer.This fool blocked Ron's twitter account allowing only preferred followers to see his posts.Nice way to promote the show Martin.Ron is far better off at the patriot.

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:19 pm

Momo wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:50 am
How could I forget to add the absence of Mr. Positive?!

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:26 pm

I believe Mr.Positive is in a contract dispute with Ron.He will not appear on the show until Ron provides him a free weekend stay at the Fenton hotel.and a free pizza from Louis .

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:06 pm

Kidcat wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:04 pm
I don't blame Ron for bad mouthing wpon.They stuck him with a lazy no talent producer.This fool blocked Ron's twitter account allowing only preferred followers to see his posts.Nice way to promote the show Martin.Ron is far better off at the patriot.
The issue is that Ron always bad mouths his last job. He bad mouthed the Patriot saying he was backstabbed by Luke and the other fellas, couldn't stand their politics, Sean Hannity, and Trump. Now he's probably kissing Lukes rear end because he needs him to work the board. His stays at radio stations are probably a little better than how long his restaurants stay open but not much. In the meantime it's WPON turn to face the wrath of Scoop Cameron. It won't be long there will be some kind of disagreement and he'll be bad mouthing the Patriot when he leaves for the next shortwave radio station. As someone on here put it, perhaps I might quote Bobbert- Ron Cameron "the grass is always greener on the other side".

Anyone miss the anchor of the show Kurt? It sounds like no one did.

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:41 am

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:06 pm
The issue is that Ron always bad mouths his last job. He bad mouthed the Patriot saying he was backstabbed by Luke and the other fellas, couldn't stand their politics, Sean Hannity, and Trump. Now he's probably kissing Lukes rear end because he needs him to work the board. His stays at radio stations are probably a little better than how long his restaurants stay open but not much. In the meantime it's WPON turn to face the wrath of Scoop Cameron. It won't be long there will be some kind of disagreement and he'll be bad mouthing the Patriot when he leaves for the next shortwave radio station. As someone on here put it, perhaps I might quote Bobbert- Ron Cameron "the grass is always greener on the other side".
It's not just his former radio stations - WDTK, WDFN & WPON (twice now) - that Ron attacks. It's also every restaurant he's had since I've been a listener. They always begin as the next big thing & end with Ron - never one to ever take any personal responsibility - finding something to disparage. Including, at times, the very location which he had previously repeatedly extolled!

Then there’s the vitriol he spewed in the aftermath of his brief foray into the boxing arena. The “oldies” music industry was spared his inevitable venom when that particular harebrained business idea of his never got off the ground.

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:06 am

It looks like the patriot will not have podcasts of Ron's shows.Hope I am wrong but there is nothing so far.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic