Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
ShempLives
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:08 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by ShempLives » Wed May 15, 2024 12:57 pm

I just discovered this item, dated March 15, 2024: https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/na ... 3#obituary



Momo
Posts: 10980
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Wed May 15, 2024 2:17 pm

Dan in Northville wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 11:33 am
I got a good laugh this morning when I opened my email and found this response to a long forgotten email that I had sent to the Detroit Catholic High School League way back in the fall of 2023 asking when the ball/strike change was implemented:

From the CHSL...........

"The spring of 1967 was the first year the Catholic High School League went 3 balls and 2 strikes."


Unfortunately, they made no mention of Ron's deciding vote which forced the change.
I trust CL baseball players are now sporting a black ban on their uniforms with Ron's initials.

Momo
Posts: 10980
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Wed May 15, 2024 2:19 pm

ShempLives wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:57 pm
I just discovered this item, dated March 15, 2024: https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/na ... 3#obituary
Thanks. I thought Ron's obit might have included something to the effect that he was survived by his long-suffering audience.

Bobbert
Posts: 4119
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Bobbert » Fri May 17, 2024 10:46 am

Chuck from Belleville is smiling today.

Detroit City FC buys land, plans to build new stadium in Corktown

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 717516007/

radioandtventhusiast
Posts: 1245
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 pm
Location: Toledo, OH

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri May 17, 2024 10:47 pm

Was there any photo of Ron just before his passing or in his later years? The photos I see of him look like they're at least 20 years old.

Momo
Posts: 10980
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Sat May 18, 2024 9:09 am

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 10:47 pm
Was there any photo of Ron just before his passing or in his later years? The photos I see of him look like they're at least 20 years old.
I don't know about the most recent still photo of Ron, but I think this moving picture of Ron - scroll down to 12/8/19 (a rerun from the previous week, 11/30/19) - might be the most recent image of him available online. This would've been shortly before his upcoming ban from the WDTK studio.

https://www.facebook.com/dialedindetroit/

ShempLives
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:08 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by ShempLives » Sat May 18, 2024 6:17 pm

Another recent discovery, albeit too late. (Wouldn't it have been fun to have a "psychedelic" Ron Cameron radio show t-shirt?): https://www.instagram.com/lll_the_way_out_lll/

Momo
Posts: 10980
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Sun May 19, 2024 7:36 am

RIP Mark Wells, a guest on Ron's show.

https://www.nhl.com/news/mark-wells-dead-at-67

Rm04111234
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:50 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Rm04111234 » Sun May 19, 2024 9:21 am

Momo wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 4:14 pm
Seven innings of a two-hit, eight strikeouts, shutout by 41-year old Justin Verlander against a Jake Rogers-less Tigers. Yes, one of these years that 2017 deadline trade will make the now short-order cook, Al Avila, & his fanboy Ron, look good.
Momo:
Al Avila continues to thrive at Denny's near the airport in charge of the grill on the afternoon swing shift. He is still in denial however on the merits of the Verlander deal but then again Al was never known for having any degree of baseball smarts.
Cheers!

Bobbert
Posts: 4119
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Bobbert » Sun May 19, 2024 10:03 am

Momo wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 9:09 am
radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 10:47 pm
Was there any photo of Ron just before his passing or in his later years? The photos I see of him look like they're at least 20 years old.
I don't know about the most recent still photo of Ron, but I think this moving picture of Ron - scroll down to 12/8/19 (a rerun from the previous week, 11/30/19) - might be the most recent image of him available online. This would've been shortly before his upcoming ban from the WDTK studio.

https://www.facebook.com/dialedindetroit/
Didn't the guys from the AA and Revolving Door show post some recent studio pictures somewhere, right after Ron's death?

ItsJustCharlie
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by ItsJustCharlie » Sun May 19, 2024 3:37 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:03 am
Momo wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 9:09 am
radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 10:47 pm
Was there any photo of Ron just before his passing or in his later years? The photos I see of him look like they're at least 20 years old.
I don't know about the most recent still photo of Ron, but I think this moving picture of Ron - scroll down to 12/8/19 (a rerun from the previous week, 11/30/19) - might be the most recent image of him available online. This would've been shortly before his upcoming ban from the WDTK studio.

https://www.facebook.com/dialedindetroit/
Didn't the guys from the AA and Revolving Door show post some recent studio pictures somewhere, right after Ron's death?
We did, it was a picture of Ron reading the paper on his show.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C3rU11UupXc ... BiNWFlZA==

Bobbert
Posts: 4119
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Bobbert » Mon May 20, 2024 10:36 am

ItsJustCharlie wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 3:37 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:03 am
Momo wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 9:09 am
radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 10:47 pm
Was there any photo of Ron just before his passing or in his later years? The photos I see of him look like they're at least 20 years old.
I don't know about the most recent still photo of Ron, but I think this moving picture of Ron - scroll down to 12/8/19 (a rerun from the previous week, 11/30/19) - might be the most recent image of him available online. This would've been shortly before his upcoming ban from the WDTK studio.

https://www.facebook.com/dialedindetroit/
Didn't the guys from the AA and Revolving Door show post some recent studio pictures somewhere, right after Ron's death?
We did, it was a picture of Ron reading the paper on his show.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C3rU11UupXc ... BiNWFlZA==
Thanks. From the format of the newspaper, that looks like the USA Today Sports Weekly publication. I'll never forget the show where Ron solicited ideas from listeners on where to buy that publication, after the big gas station on Ann Arbor Road in Plymouth stopped selling it.

Momo
Posts: 10980
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Mon May 20, 2024 11:42 am

Bobbert wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 10:36 am
ItsJustCharlie wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 3:37 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:03 am
Momo wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 9:09 am
radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 10:47 pm
Was there any photo of Ron just before his passing or in his later years? The photos I see of him look like they're at least 20 years old.
I don't know about the most recent still photo of Ron, but I think this moving picture of Ron - scroll down to 12/8/19 (a rerun from the previous week, 11/30/19) - might be the most recent image of him available online. This would've been shortly before his upcoming ban from the WDTK studio.

https://www.facebook.com/dialedindetroit/
Didn't the guys from the AA and Revolving Door show post some recent studio pictures somewhere, right after Ron's death?
We did, it was a picture of Ron reading the paper on his show.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C3rU11UupXc ... BiNWFlZA==
Thanks. From the format of the newspaper, that looks like the USA Today Sports Weekly publication. I'll never forget the show where Ron solicited ideas from listeners on where to buy that publication, after the big gas station on Ann Arbor Road in Plymouth stopped selling it.
Whether it was that or looking to his listeners to do leg work on a possible new restaurant sight & securing new sponsors, it really was a community effort that Ron fostered.

sparty89
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:44 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by sparty89 » Tue May 21, 2024 9:53 pm

Momo wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 11:42 am
Bobbert wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 10:36 am
ItsJustCharlie wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 3:37 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:03 am
Momo wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 9:09 am
radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 10:47 pm
Was there any photo of Ron just before his passing or in his later years? The photos I see of him look like they're at least 20 years old.
I don't know about the most recent still photo of Ron, but I think this moving picture of Ron - scroll down to 12/8/19 (a rerun from the previous week, 11/30/19) - might be the most recent image of him available online. This would've been shortly before his upcoming ban from the WDTK studio.

https://www.facebook.com/dialedindetroit/
Didn't the guys from the AA and Revolving Door show post some recent studio pictures somewhere, right after Ron's death?
We did, it was a picture of Ron reading the paper on his show.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C3rU11UupXc ... BiNWFlZA==
Thanks. From the format of the newspaper, that looks like the USA Today Sports Weekly publication. I'll never forget the show where Ron solicited ideas from listeners on where to buy that publication, after the big gas station on Ann Arbor Road in Plymouth stopped selling it.
Whether it was that or looking to his listeners to do leg work on a possible new restaurant sight & securing new sponsors, it really was a community effort that Ron fostered.
Don't forget the elusive yellow pages.

Bobbert
Posts: 4119
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Bobbert » Sun May 26, 2024 9:57 am

I heard this song on SiriusXM this morning. It would have been a good song for one of the tribute shows for Ron.


Post Reply Previous topicNext topic