Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
radiofan1974

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:58 pm

Another one in the books

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:59 am

Coming off the heels of last nights riveting show and just looking ahead to next Sunday’s show, I see it’s falls on July 3rd, which of course falls into the holiday weekend.

I have a suspicion, Kurt Maltby (scheduled guest) may have other things to do next Sunday

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:06 pm

I had trouble following Ron’s tortured explanation of how Jim Kaat, not Maltby, was originally supposed to be on last night, & that was why Maltby - whom we had been told last week would be the guest last night - suggested next week, instead. In any case, I wouldn’t bet the farm on Maltby being on next week, when Ron commemorates Labor Day. But it’s good to hear that Mark Wilson is back in the mix of promised future guests, those who all fall within the “2-3 weeks” camp.

ShempLives

Post by ShempLives » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:22 pm

A podcast resembling last Sunday's show is now available on WDTK's website. Maybe the listing is temporary, as hours "1,2 and 3" are shown, but the recording is only 1:58:52 long. Listening to the podcast, the 7pm newscast is included and "Sports Talk" starts with the second hour.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:43 pm

I would really like to hear the conversation that takes place when Ron is "booking" a guest to be on his show. I have a feeling that the "guest" is non committal to being on the show and Ron takes as the green light that the so called "guest" has committed to being on the show. I have a feeling all of these "agreements" that Ron has committed to are one way- meaning in Ron's head it's a firm commitment, in the so called "guests" head it's a one of these days perhaps type of agreement. I believe Ron only hears what he wants to hear, and that does not include the word NO. Just like he strings everyone along about the so called restaurant deal, the same happens for these ghost guests that he supposedly has lined up. To Momo's point, it's such a shame all that prep work for the Denny interview was a waste of Ron's time. **This might even be giving Ron too much credit if these so called conversations even take place**

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:22 pm

Beggars can’t be choosers, so I’m happy there are at least two hours of yesterday’s SportsTalk show available on podcast today.

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:55 am

If we’re not going to get the full three hours, we might have to settle for a “best of” Ron. Woe to the individual who’d be tasked with curating the collection.

ShempLives

Post by ShempLives » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:38 am

A bona fide question for Ron historians: In Mr. Cameron's history of brokered radio broadcasts, has he ever used a recording of a previous show in lieu of a live transmission?

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:50 am

ShempLives wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:38 am
A bona fide question for Ron historians: In Mr. Cameron's history of brokered radio broadcasts, has he ever used a recording of a previous show in lieu of a live transmission?
Yes. This is from 12/28/19, the first page of this replacement thread:
Momo wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:10 pm
A repeat show is airing now. Which suggests that Ron hasn't left the station.
This would've been right after Ron's bout of explosive diarrhea.

Majik

Post by Majik » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:53 am

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:43 pm
I would really like to hear the conversation that takes place when Ron is "booking" a guest to be on his show. I have a feeling that the "guest" is non committal to being on the show and Ron takes as the green light that the so called "guest" has committed to being on the show. I have a feeling all of these "agreements" that Ron has committed to are one way- meaning in Ron's head it's a firm commitment, in the so called "guests" head it's a one of these days perhaps type of agreement. I believe Ron only hears what he wants to hear, and that does not include the word NO. Just like he strings everyone along about the so called restaurant deal, the same happens for these ghost guests that he supposedly has lined up. To Momo's point, it's such a shame all that prep work for the Denny interview was a waste of Ron's time. **This might even be giving Ron too much credit if these so called conversations even take place**
Fifty+ years in the business and Siz still doesn’t know how these things work. His people are supposed to talk to their people to work out the details. Since RC doesn’t have people he wants to go directly to the source himself. Prospective guest doesn’t want to be bothered with setting it all up, and just wants his person to tell him when and where.

Jim Leyland, Phil Regan and others have probably finally figured out how this newfangled call blocking feature works.

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:00 am

ShempLives wrote:
A cursory further review of this thread brings up references to additional reruns in January 2020. I think those may have been reruns of his infamous show from the pizzeria, which included Luke's classic response to Ron's question about what he was doing. "Trying to keep you on the air!"

Majik

Post by Majik » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:05 am

ShempLives wrote:
A related question for me is does Siz record any of his ads. It seems to me I am hearing he same stumbles and mistakes in some of them. Makes me think he has recorded some and is satisfied with just one take.

Or am I the crazy one? ( that’s a rhetorical question, no answers needed).

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:14 am

Majik wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:05 am
A related question for me is does Siz record any of his ads. It seems to me I am hearing he same stumbles and mistakes in some of them. Makes me think he has recorded some and is satisfied with just one take.
Recording his ads would entail some preparation. It's all live (at least when it's not a rerun).

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:22 am

Momo wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:14 am
Majik wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:05 am
Recording his ads would entail some preparation. It's all live (at least when it's not a rerun).
Remember this is a broadcast legend who has said he has not felt pressure on his radio shows for many, many years

Insert the bill o’Reilly audio drop that made it around the circuit “we’re doin it live” :)

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:07 am

ShempLives wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:22 pm
A podcast resembling last Sunday's show is now available on WDTK's website. Maybe the listing is temporary, as hours "1,2 and 3" are shown, but the recording is only 1:58:52 long. Listening to the podcast, the 7pm newscast is included and "Sports Talk" starts with the second hour.
So it looks like there will be no recording of Mr. Positive's review of the Elvis movie. I was looking forward to that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic