Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
wtfdetroit

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by wtfdetroit » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:16 pm

He said he might be on the Patriot next Saturday but he would have to do a live remote from Louis Pizza

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:29 pm

Our prayers have been answered!! He’ll be on the station tomorrow 2-4. And may be back Sunday on WDTK 5-7. And he may be back on WDTK Saturday, also (instead of 1460). He was berating Matt for not emailing his regular callers yesterday about his return to the air. And he just referred to the Electoral College as “the electrical.”

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:33 pm

With access to Matt’s email account, I doubt we’ll be hearing from the insurance company callers.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:36 pm

He must have destroyed the bathroom to be banned

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:41 pm

Still berating Matt about not emailing his listeners. “Everyone’s got to know!” And no tomorrow show.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:54 pm

He turned against Drummond now.

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:23 pm

Just when things were getting boring around here IMHO, Ron is back to light this place up! Same as it ever was!

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:46 pm

So I jumped on at around noon and saw the message on here and immediately went to WPON website and it looks like a Geocities free website from the 90's. He talked about he was going to be at Louis Pizza at 2 pm today to test a possible live remote setup and how it would work on Patriot radio. I kid you not, he said he is banned from the Patriot for explosive diarrhea in the bathroom and management there said he was a health hazard to the others. Then he said he's fine and the doctor said he's fine haha! If he can get this remote to work, he's back on the Patriot at the old time slot but if it didn't work, he's done because he's banned from the studio. I can't imagine doing a show from a loud pizza place every week but this is Ron.

He did say he's on WPON every Friday from 11-1 and possibly Saturday if the Patriot didn't work and then a different radio station on Sunday (Yes, he's expanding to 3 days a week). Matt is back. He still yells at Matt and treats him like crap but I'm used to it at this point. He also said that he's moving to a hotel in Rochester and he might close the deal on a restaurant in Rochester. He apparently has 3 meetings lined up today and is very busy. Doing what? No clue. Glad Ronnie C is back.

briangoleb

Post by briangoleb » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:11 pm

Dialed in Detroit is airing a show from like a year ago
.lol Ron's diarrhea must be lingering there to keep those kids out of the station..

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:09 pm

That must mean his meetings with the Patriot brass went well and his live remote location test from Louis Pizza was a success. Could it be the return of Ronnie C to the Patriot next Saturday?

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:08 am

Ok so I figured he'd be back, but to come back to the Patriot under those same terms......what a dummy! I can't believe he would admit to the truth on why he was banned from that studio, but then again this is Ron who has no shame. So it's ok to say he is a health and safety hazard to those that work at the station but it's ok for him as an agent of the station to expose the public to his explosive diarrhea issue at these remotes. Wow if I were the owner of Luis Pizza and whatever dive restaurants he would be doing a remote in, if I gave two shits about my customers I would never let this guy into my establishment. Makes no sense to me............Those remotes were utter train wrecks so if there are any young kids out there- a good lesson on how not to do it.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:17 pm

Come on, let's all admit it, a big part of Ron Cameron's appeal is the unpredictable way he thrashes through the independent career that he's chosen for himself. He's in a class by himself, in every meaning of that phrase.

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:12 am

Bobbert wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:17 pm
Come on, let's all admit it, a big part of Ron Cameron's appeal is the unpredictable way he thrashes through the independent career that he's chosen for himself. He's in a class by himself, in every meaning of that phrase.
I think we all can admit this place is a lot more fun when Ron’s back in action...it was a little boring around here when Ron went dark for that stretch!

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:01 pm

I listened to some of the show today. The biggest highlight was him saying his new hotel "Days Inn" in Rochester was having some issues with Fox Sports Detroit and he left today. He is going to look at a couple hotels today and claims one the hotels want him. I can't believe the lifestyle this guy lives.

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:07 pm

I also listened to part of Ron's 1st hour of his 11-1 show today. No show tomorrow. Next Saturday, he'll either be on 1460 from 2-4, or, pending another test run at Louie's Pizzeria, back, remotely, on WDTK from 5-7 (with a Sunday show also during his old time schedule). Ron trashed the Patriot for being all "screwed-up." Similarly, he railed against the Rochester hotel where, until today, he had recently lived, calling it "crap" (maybe literally, if he had a recurrence of the explosive diarrhea that got him banned from WDTK's studio). Notwithstanding his Rochester experience, he's still planning to open a restaurant in Rochester. Stay tuned for his coming announcement.

As Ron looked for callers, Matt said he had emailed many, including Kurt & Cowboy. Ron said that "100 other people" should've gotten emails. Matt suggested Ron's callers might still be sleeping. This was about 11:30 am. Almost as if on cue, Kurt called. He said he wouldn't have known Ron was back but for the email (I would've thought that with Mr. Positive's various shout-outs, Kurt might've been alerted to this board, which would've given him an independent heads-up). When Kurt brought up Ron's Saturday WDTK replacement, who was said to be Ron's old screener, Ron attacked the young man, calling him a "pimp" for the station, & someone who knows nothing about sports.

There was, of course, a reference to Rob Parker & Bea Arthur, & the latter having been a man. And our entertainment correspondent falsely pointed out that Ed Asner has had Alzheimer's for 10-15 years. When Matt said he saw him on a recent episode of Modern Family, Ron said that maybe Asner's bounced back from his condition (with his medical acumen, Ron should be named Coronavirus czar by the White House).

No insurance callers. Although now they should have no reason why they can't call during their 12-1 lunch hour.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic