Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:46 am

I wouldn’t think the station would need to do anything to force a contractor like Ron out. He’s not an employee.

Having a good, if underutilized, guest like Mark Wilson has to put Ron in a better mood. I’m imaging how he’ll be when a guest stuffs him.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:49 am

On another matter, he said Lance Parrish will be there on Saturday? If I am not mistaken it's the same place he was at last Saturday which sounded packed. Lance is a great guy but I don't think he's going to be completely thrilled to have to sign a bunch of autographs and take pictures with a bunch of people at that remote unless he's getting some sort of compensation from Ron. We know the only way Ron can pay him is thru comping him a dinner from the joint and that won't be worth the hassle.

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:52 am

This video helps to explain Ron’s following:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=iEeptg1YvSI

When all is said and done, he makes good toast!

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:56 am

Momo wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:46 am
I wouldn’t think the station would need to do anything to force a contractor like Ron out. He’s not an employee.

Having a good, if underutilized, guest like Mark Wilson has to put Ron in a better mood. I’m imaging how he’ll be when a guest stuffs him.
Who knows... a guy who was of supposed legendary status in Detroit talk radio with 50 years and not being able to use the studio for his show and relegated to doing remotes in restaurants in Warren or wherever is not exactly helping both of them to be a success.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:20 pm

At this point they either have to can his show or let him back in the studio. It's not benefitting anyone (Station, Ron, listeners) to have these live remotes that are such poor quality. If he did do something, then why allow him back on the air? I almost have the feeling that Ron might owe them money so this could be punishment. He did mention that he's going to reduce his show to 1 hour per day in February.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:32 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:49 am
On another matter, he said Lance Parrish will be there on Saturday? If I am not mistaken it's the same place he was at last Saturday which sounded packed. Lance is a great guy but I don't think he's going to be completely thrilled to have to sign a bunch of autographs and take pictures with a bunch of people at that remote unless he's getting some sort of compensation from Ron. We know the only way Ron can pay him is thru comping him a dinner from the joint and that won't be worth the hassle.
Probably a phone conversation like he had with Mark Wilson this week. I highly doubt he would have a guest physically there.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:16 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:32 pm
Mr.Transistor wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:49 am
Probably a phone conversation like he had with Mark Wilson this week. I highly doubt he would have a guest physically there.
No he was saying this pizza joint in Hazel Park is right off of I-75 which is great for Lance. :lol He is planning on having him on his live remote.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:36 am

A friend who was engineering his show just quit after one weekend.

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:46 am

I was wondering who your source was, Vic, for the heads-up about Ron’s return last weekend. Please spill the tea about what all went down from your friend’s perspective.

I’m reminded of when, some years ago, I spoke to a screener in exasperation at the utter untruths Ron was spewing. His screener’s despairing reaction? “Try working for the guy.”

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:17 am

Momo wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:46 am
I was wondering who your source was, Vic, for the heads-up about Ron’s return last weekend. Please spill the tea about what all went down from your friend’s perspective.

I’m reminded of when, some years ago, I spoke to a screener in exasperation at the utter untruths Ron was spewing. His screener’s despairing reaction? “Try working for the guy.”
That's all I know, except that my friend also engineered Cameron some years back at another station, perhaps WCAR.

313sports

Post by 313sports » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:00 am

So he just flat out quit after one week? Not shocked if so with how chaotic it sounded. With this new development, does this mean the return of Matt this weekend? Plot twists!

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:09 am

At this rate, will he even have a show this weekend?

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:35 am

Vic, can you find out what Ron’s demand for $10,000 was all about?

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:46 am

The mere possibility of a Ron and Matt reunion - in a dive bar setting, no less - leaves me positively giddy. These establishments better have beefed-up security.

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:48 am

Man, I just listened to the podcasts of the shows from this past weekend, and they were as bad as advertised, but strangely entertaining! What was really bizarre was that Luke sounded like one of those Google/Amazon electronic assistants, chiming in to prompt Ron when the usual suspects were calling! Luke’s “connection” or whatever was pretty quiet, so Ron was always like “Huh? Whadyousay, Luke?” Luke was also chiming in when there were “Twenty seconds left” in the hour and Ron missed that and his time-honored Edsel Ford story (which Mark Wilson was saying “I’ve heard this story already”!) got cut off...not to be continued at the top of the hour.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic