Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Random Christmas Music Thoughts

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bobbert

Random Christmas Music Thoughts

Post by Bobbert » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:47 pm

• Very glad of two things: (1) That I waited until after Thanksgiving to listen to Christmas radio and (2) That there are now two Christmas radio stations—gives me more choices on my commute.
  • Have not yet heard "Do They Know It's Christmas?" Guess that's a focus group decision—too depressing.
  • Wonder who gets played more—Michael Buble or Harry Connick, Jr.? I'm tempted to compare them, but it's not possible because Connick channels 40's Sinatra and Buble channels 50s Sinatra.
  • Have heard many versions of "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree," but the original only once or twice.
  • This year's biggest turnoffs (after Mannheim Steamroller and TranSiberian Express)—the quivery version of "Oh Holy Night" and Bruce Springsteen's "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town." I like Springsteen but I feel I just reached my lifetime quota with that song this year.
  • The best Christmas discovery this year: The American Top 40 for 12/25/71, when they counted down the top 40 Christmas songs of all time (https://archive.org/details/American_To ... _Christmas). It's great fun—lots of novelty songs, lots of original versions. Interestingly, that was also the first Christmas for the John Lennon song, "Happy Christmas," which in part started the modern era of Christmas pop songs.

F-Squared

Re: Random Christmas Music Thoughts

Post by F-Squared » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:34 pm

Is anyone else seeing a blank post or just me?

Y M Ionhere

Re: Random Christmas Music Thoughts

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:36 pm

I have been avoiding Christmas music and hopefully Christmas altogether this year.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic