Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kid Rock

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
audiophile

Re: Kid Rock

Post by audiophile » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:57 am

Too much loud music, eh?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:38 pm

Riddle and Rev. williams both strike me as bitter, angry old men who are making a career out of finding any potential racism out of anything they can to cover for or justify their own apparent hatred of white people.
Why is Oprah off limits? Just an egotistical opportunist who makes money selling anything she can brand. Kind of like Trump, who Oprahs defenders all hate (often for the same reasons).
She, too, had a school that was mired in controversy. Hers was a sex scandal. Why are all the liberals and SJWs silent about innocent people of color being victimized at Oprahs school? Oh...they are too busy impeaching a President that has given record unemployment numbers to the black community and protesting a rock singer who has based his career around shock and controversy. That, quite frankly, may be best taken with a grain of salt.
I think theres more to Kid Rock than his white trash facade. I dont know if there is anything to Oprah beyond her ego.
And to our left-wing troll, actually a white guy CAN see and tell racism in another white guys comment. You see, theres a clear definition of "racism" in the dictionary. And its not hard to tell when that definition is being witnessed. I do not remember seeing anything about Kid Rock implying Oprah being inferior because of her race. The fact he called out white Joy Behar at the same time is also a pretty big point that compromises the race card.(which is the only thing these protest organizers ever have).

mr v

Post by mr v » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:03 pm

Riddle is all about lining Riddle's pockets. Always has been. He and Sharpton are cut from the same cloth.

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:11 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:23 am
I don’t think Kid Rock has anything to do with racism. Heck, he had a bastard with a black woman.

Kid Rock plays the role of a beer-swilling, NASH-CORE watching, white trash red neck jerk, and the real ones love him and his “music.”

But let’s not overlook his best accomplishment: PAMELA ANDERSON POONTANG!!!
Valid.
This was such an OUTRAGE an angry mob of 20ish people showed up at the 'protest' :lol

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:36 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:58 am
So a white man doesn't understand why another white man is being called racist? That summarizes Fox News in a nutshell.
Masturbating to your Rachel Maddow posters in your parent's basement, again, aren't you...??

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:08 pm

Kid Rock isn't a racist I like his old music from 20 years ago. I don't listen to his political views just like any other celebrities as well.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

GC1939

Post by GC1939 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:08 am

you don't need to be white to be racist,but TC Talks is

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:51 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:36 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:58 am
So a white man doesn't understand why another white man is being called racist? That summarizes Fox News in a nutshell.
Masturbating to your Rachel Maddow posters in your parent's basement, again, aren't you...??
Good one.

I am betting you come from Downriver.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:44 pm

This is a non-issue to me. It's this week's outrage and will be gone in a few days. But I am curious about one thing. He sent out a guilt-trip type of statement about all the money he brought to the area, and ended it with TRUMP 2020. So, are there any right-wingers or Trump supporters that like to tell entertainers, musicians, actors, athletes to "shut up and stick to music" or "stay out of politics and just dribble the ball" around to tell Kid Rock to stick to music and stay out of politics? Has he received any criticism from the right who like to tell the likes of DeNiro and Streep to shut the fuck up?

I was just wondering.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:56 pm

The Detroit News editorial page, which certainly leans conservative, issued a rebuke against Kid Rock.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:26 pm

Does rapper Eminem like Kid Rock's music???

Herm

Post by Herm » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:50 am

His first album was fantastic (for its time) and I saw him perform at Comerica Park about 10 years ago and his show was great. Other than that... meh.
I think he’s just like a lot of other Macomb County hicks. He suffers from an identity crisis of wanting to stay “country” while still trying to claim he’s from the CITY of Detroit. I don’t think he’s a racist but he sure doesn’t mind supporting and being surrounded by racists.
Sam Riddle is an evil con-man and any cause that he champions, I am almost certain to question its credibility.

At least they don’t do things like use common words and then tell people to look it up. That would be just asinine.

Herm

Post by Herm » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:54 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:44 pm
This is a non-issue to me. It's this week's outrage and will be gone in a few days. But I am curious about one thing. He sent out a guilt-trip type of statement about all the money he brought to the area, and ended it with TRUMP 2020. So, are there any right-wingers or Trump supporters that like to tell entertainers, musicians, actors, athletes to "shut up and stick to music" or "stay out of politics and just dribble the ball" around to tell Kid Rock to stick to music and stay out of politics? Has he received any criticism from the right who like to tell the likes of DeNiro and Streep to shut the fuck up?

I was just wondering.
You bring up 2 good points.
This IS a non-issue and it won’t matter much in the near future.
The celebrity political opinion hypocrisy is very real.
I have a couple of ultra religious right wing aunts. They love to talk about how celebrities should keep their political opinions to themselves... until James Woods “totally roasts a liberal on Twitter”... then they’re cool with it. LMAO

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:05 am

Herm wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:54 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:44 pm

I was just wondering.
You bring up 2 good points.
This IS a non-issue and it won’t matter much in the near future.
The celebrity political opinion hypocrisy is very real.
I have a couple of ultra religious right wing aunts. They love to talk about how celebrities should keep their political opinions to themselves... until James Woods “totally roasts a liberal on Twitter”... then they’re cool with it. LMAO
Of course. When you live in a society that thinks if you put FACT in front of a statement it makes it true, and believe that opinions can be right or wrong, you're gonna have one of these things every 24-72 hours. All it serves to do is pit the usual suspects against each other, fingers waving, shouting "YOUR side is the REAL boogeyman!".

Look, we all know who both characters are. Going back to the days of Kwame, I've never heard anything good about Sam Riddle. Ever. And Robert Ritchie? The less said, the better. This doesn't take money from my bank account, doesn't affect me personally, doesn't cause me to starve or lose my house so, well...fuck it. I'm so burnt out on these kinds of things, it really doesn't matter anymore. It's like playing MadLibs. _________ said _________ about _______. ________ responded __________ about ___________. _________'s supporters/fans/followers said ___________ about ___________ and that the media _______________. Just fill in the blanks and go.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

jsf

Post by jsf » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:30 am

Some people love free speech until they don't agree with what's said!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic