Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WDIV’s Beloved ‘Lottery Lady’ Dies At 79

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
SixPlusOne

Post by SixPlusOne » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:26 pm

Courtesy: Detroit Free Press

https://www.freep.com/story/entertainme ... 492501001/

Deleted User 4520

Re: WDIV’s Beloved ‘Lottery Lady’ Dies At 79

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:05 pm

Aww, this is so sad! Used to watch the lotto drawings all time time, long before I was old enough to buy lotto! RIP

Luke

Post by Luke » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:07 pm

I loved Aggie and her Fortune Wall back the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v-y0x8HO7A

Chris Edmonds

Post by Chris Edmonds » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:36 pm

Funny story. True, too. I was doing afternoons at WNIC, Late 80’s maybe early 90’s. I do remember we were in the old studio in the northwest corner of the building. Autogram console with actual knobs, so this was a long time ago. I gave away something to the proverbial 10th caller and took the call, recording it for possible air. Me: “WNIC, hi who’s this?” (Pause) Caller: “Do I have to say?” Me: “Only if you want to win the prize.” Caller: “....um...Agnes.” Her voice sounded familiar so I said, “Repeat after me ‘the lever I’m pulling cuts the power to our air-driven wheel.’” She repeated it exactly like she did every night on Channel 4. It was her! We had a great laugh and I aired the whole thing. I was really impressed that she was listening to me. Once we were done with the taping I was taking her info and suggested that when she came down to pick up her prize that she do so during my shift so I could meet her and a few days later she did! She was a very nice, personable, classy and down-to-earth lady!

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:35 pm

Chris Edmonds wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:36 pm
Funny story. True, too. I was doing afternoons at WNIC, Late 80’s maybe early 90’s. I do remember we were in the old studio in the northwest corner of the building. Autogram console with actual knobs, so this was a long time ago. I gave away something to the proverbial 10th caller and took the call, recording it for possible air. Me: “WNIC, hi who’s this?” (Pause) Caller: “Do I have to say?” Me: “Only if you want to win the prize.” Caller: “....um...Agnes.” Her voice sounded familiar so I said, “Repeat after me ‘the lever I’m pulling cuts the power to our air-driven wheel.’” She repeated it exactly like she did every night on Channel 4. It was her!
Thanks for the memory on that, Chris....I had forgotten it, but the way you described it popped right back into my aged head!

I remember being there when it aired, but wasn't around the day she came in.

The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic