Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Warren cops are monsters

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Warren cops are monsters

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:05 pm

I saw that story and was disgusted by what I saw. The motorist's windows were completely clear and only a small amount of snow was on the roof of the car.

For the motorist to be charged with a criminal infraction is beyond insane!

It took media intervention for the criminal charges to be recommended by Chief Dwyer to be dropped. How sad!

Yet another reason I'm thrilled to no longer live in Warren!!! What a shithole.

I've seen people drive with six inches of snow on their roof and the damn police don't even bat an eye. Yet this guy only had a thin powdery accumulation and the po-po wanted to charge him criminally.

Shit like this is why so many people are not big fans of the police.

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:10 pm

How did they even get away with this? Snow falls from the SKY. It melts into WATER. Is water going to hurt anyone, and more importantly, HOW DO YOU LITTER SNOW?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:12 am

The thing is, having snow fly off your car roof, hood or trunk on to the roadway is against state law..... 257.677a (4)
I don't know that littering is the appropriate ticket but sometimes state law doesn't get specific about what the ticket should be.
One lesson to had is to start your drive with a clean car.

I no longer directly engage trolls

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:13 am

Brushing the snow off would also be considered littering, you can't win.

Perfect reason to move to a warmer climate.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:20 am

Next thing you know, there will be "WANTED" posters for Mother Nature!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:23 am

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:12 am
The thing is, having snow fly off your car roof, hood or trunk on to the roadway is against state law..... 257.677a (4)
I don't know that littering is the appropriate ticket but sometimes state law doesn't get specific about what the ticket should be.
Of course starting your car to warm it up and melt it could also get you a ticket by these same folks.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:19 am

audiophile wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:23 am
craig11152 wrote:
Of course starting your car to warm it up and melt it could also get you a ticket by these same folks.
I assume you mean Warren has an idling ordinance? I know Ann Arbor does but I don't know that anybody ever gets a ticket for it. It's pretty much complaint driven.

I'm not justifying the cop's decision to write a ticket. Cops have a certain amount of discretion which hopefully they use wisely. I think anybody who goes 45 in a 40 or has been let off with a warning appreciates discretion.
My point is that while "littering" may not have been the right ticket there is a state law in place. Maybe that cop was an "asshole" but that's different than " Warren cops are monsters"
Last summer my lovely wife got a ticket in Grosse Pointe for going 30 mph in a 25 mph zone. To make it worse she was following 2 friends who didn't get ticketed even though they were setting the pace.
Our collective response was basically "that cop was an asshole for writing the ticket", not "Grosse Pointe cops are monsters"

I no longer directly engage trolls

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:48 am

craig11152 wrote:
And what happens when you sit at a light, or stopped in rush-hour traffic during a heavy snow. Do you get out of your car and clean the top off again??

In the link, the Chief says “It is important that you take a few minutes clean the window, back, sides. It is your responsibility. It is a violation if you are driving with obstructed vision,” and then goes on to say "a traffic infraction for obstructing vision in his opinion is appropriate,"

Were any of his windows blocked with snow in the video?? Didn't look like it at all.

I wonder how much it's costing the victim in this case, with days off work and lawyers fees??

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:36 pm

I have heard Livonia cops are the same way, even from people living there.

I think a Roseville cop actually gave a guy a ticket for warming up his car in his driveway.

Sam The Cat

Post by Sam The Cat » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:04 am

Now you know the law, so now you can follow it. Pretty simple actually.

Sam The Cat

Post by Sam The Cat » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:17 pm

Let me guess, you are a progressive liberal? right?

From snow and ice flying off a car roof to slavery. And you are calling me nuts.

I've been hit by big chunks of snow and ice flying off cars on the highway. It was not the funnest experience I've ever had. I can absolutely see the spirit of the law you are losing you mind over. And, in full disclosure, I break this law every day it snows in the winter because I think it looks kind of cool when the snow is blowing over my windshield. If, one day I get a ticket, I diverse it because now I know the law, it is still pretty simple.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:34 pm

Sam The Cat wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:17 pm
Let me guess, you are a progressive liberal? right?

From snow and ice flying off a car roof to slavery. And you are calling me nuts.

I've been hit by big chunks of snow and ice flying off cars on the highway. It was not the funnest experience I've ever had. I can absolutely see the spirit of the law you are losing you mind over. And, in full disclosure, I break this law every day it snows in the winter because I think it looks kind of cool when the snow is blowing over my windshield. If, one day I get a ticket, I diverse it because now I know the law, it is still pretty simple.
Be careful Sam, about acknowledging even the tiniest infraction to this guy. Next, he'll accuse you of being a mass murderer.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:04 am

Sam, do you even understand what occurred here?

The man wasn't simply ticketed for a civil infraction. I would've had no issue with that if he was truly creating a hazard (I didn't believe from the video clip that he was creating any hazard.)

The driver on Groesbeck was charged with a CRIME. A misdemeanor punishable by up to one full year in jail. That is absolutely nuts, and if you think the Warren officer acted appropriately, then you are crazy.

Sam The Cat

Post by Sam The Cat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:29 am

Sure, I'll play along.

You prefer to go buy the the pronouns Them and They.
I will guess you weigh about 140 lbs. so you are a little, little man...er them.
You like to wear black outfits and a black mask and hassle elderly people in the crosswalk.
Authority is always bad and you never do anything wrong.

I don't know you but I know people of your type. Big bad authority figures are always abusing you and your going to fight the man. Your type has been around forever and frankly I am sick of your type. A successful society has rules and normal, upstanding people follow rules. You'd think that would be simple.

So, go and find another story of the big bad police hassling the poor every-man. I think I will stick to radio and tv posts from now on.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:15 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:36 pm
I have heard Livonia cops are the same way, even from people living there.

I think a Roseville cop actually gave a guy a ticket for warming up his car in his driveway.
IIRC, Livonia cops are the only city cops I've seen sitting on a freeway. I always thought that was county/state jurisdiction. I always see a Livonia cop (or two) in the median of 275. Didn't know that was allowed.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic