Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Turner Classic Movies on Comcast

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
mmg

Turner Classic Movies on Comcast

Post by mmg » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:37 pm

Anybody else notice it’s gone now? I called Comcast and they said they’d moved it to a new sports tier but i could have it back for $10/month. I said no thanks and am seriously thinking of cutting the cord...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

moldyoldie

Re: Turner Classic Movies on Comcast

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:53 pm

Discussion of this at the following:
https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 27&t=48659

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

amehloldiesfan

Post by amehloldiesfan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:58 pm

That's too bad. It's probably met the same fate as CMT which shows old programs that I liked to watch. But I can't get that channel anymore without subscribing to the sports package either.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:35 pm

Besides TCM there is word that Starz channels will be dumped the end of the year.
I've come to the conclusion ComieCast wants people to just go away.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:15 pm

tapeisrolling wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:35 pm
Besides TCM there is word that Starz channels will be dumped the end of the year.
I've come to the conclusion ComieCast wants people to just go away.
They want people to pay extra for stuff that used to be free.
More and more of the channels and On Demand content that used to be free now requires a subscription.
Especially Spanish stuff. What is all Spanish content an extra charge?
I don't understand a word of Spanish, but it seems discriminatory to charge people who no entiendo inglés an extra fee to watch anything that's in a tongue they do understand.

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:08 am

I'm still pissed at them for dropping Weatherscan. This kind of shit they pull doesn't surprise me anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

take this job and shove it

smallwonder

Post by smallwonder » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:21 am

Starz is gone December 10. Epix and their Drive-In channels will replace the Starz Encore Channels.

turn up the radio! mighty in might!

Deleted User 3751

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:18 am

There is a simple explanation for all of this, it's called "CORPORATE GREED".

szmigiel

Post by szmigiel » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:46 am

When I cut the cord and switched to streaming TCM was major factor in choosing which service I ended up with. Currently using SlingTV with the add on pack to get TCM and DVR. Most of my DVR is filled with stuff I recorded off TCM and I also like that they have most of the films they played in the last 2 weeks available on demand.

My biggest issue is I really only have cable companies to choose from for my internet access, and those prices seem to be always going up. Or they want you to sign a contract for a discounted rate that will ballon up later. The chances of getting fiber in my area is slim to none.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:55 am

szmigiel wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:46 am
My biggest issue is I really only have cable companies to choose from for my internet access, and those prices seem to be always going up. Or they want you to sign a contract for a discounted rate that will ballon up later. The chances of getting fiber in my area is slim to none.
And once you (or I) ever get service from a fiber provider, who's to say they won't jack up their rates after a while, just like cable cos.

szmigiel

Post by szmigiel » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:57 am

That's why I won't go with AT&T Fiber, because it is still tied to their channel service, with introductory rates and packages. I want fiber internet service only with a base monthly rate and no long term contract. If they raise the price, then it is a price increase, it can happen. But fiber doesn't pull upgrading my speed for 'free" and then a few months later raising the price because the old package I signed up for is no longer available. I started off with WOW for $30 bucks a month, now it is $80 with no contract. I can bring it down by signing contract, but none of the deals they list tell me what the price will be after the "introductory rate" ends. When they don't tell you what the standard price is after the discount you know it is a lot higher.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:22 pm

My wife went the 'triple play' to save money on the monthly bill and now if I'm streaming it pauses while the phone is answering/ taking a message. That is even after they told me my speed was going up.
I wonder what would happen if say an OTA station added a sub-channel that are now only found on cable. Say the news channels and some others. Then watch the cord cutting.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic