Lots of new registrations this past week; thank you! Registrations in the queue from March 26 through March 27 at 7:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.
Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
- Posts: 242
- Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm
- Very glad of two things: (1) That I waited until after Thanksgiving to listen to Christmas radio and (2) That there are now two Christmas radio stations—gives me more choices on my commute.
- Have not yet heard "Do They Know It's Christmas?" Guess that's a focus group decision—too depressing.
- Wonder who gets played more—Michael Buble or Harry Connick, Jr.? I'm tempted to compare them, but it's not possible because Connick channels 40's Sinatra and Buble channels 50s Sinatra.
- Have heard many versions of "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree," but the original only once or twice.
- This year's biggest turnoffs (after Mannheim Steamroller and TranSiberian Express)—the quivery version of "Oh Holy Night" and Bruce Springsteen's "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town." I like Springsteen but I feel I just reached my lifetime quota with that song this year.
- The best Christmas discovery this year: The American Top 40 for 12/25/71, when they counted down the top 40 Christmas songs of all time (https://archive.org/details/American_To ... _Christmas). It's great fun—lots of novelty songs, lots of original versions. Interestingly, that was also the first Christmas for the John Lennon song, "Happy Christmas," which in part started the modern era of Christmas pop songs.
- Posts: 178
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 12:16 pm
Is anyone else seeing a blank post or just me?
Y M Ionhere
- Posts: 670
- Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm
- Location: Where the sun no longer shines
I have been avoiding Christmas music and hopefully Christmas altogether this year.