Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hey, WJR - your Facebook page stinks! (Even more so than your on-air programming!)

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Hey, WJR - your Facebook page stinks! (Even more so than your on-air programming!)

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:11 am

50,000 watts.

A supposed "News / Talk" station.

What does the (not so) great voice of the Great Lakes use for content on its FB page?

Iran tensions? Nope.
Impeachment developments? Nope.
Road funding debate in Michigan? Nope.
Environmental disaster in Madison Heights? Nope.
Dem primary race? Nope.
A tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.? Of course not!

Any meaningful news coverage or news opinion whatsoever? No way!!!

Instead, we're treated to the following:
- A photo of two executives associated with Marygrove Awnings
- Spam for the Townsend Hotel and Huntington Bank
- Spam for the Novi Home Show (where yentas can torture their husbands to dole out thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars for needless home makeovers)
- Spam for a "paid partnership" (read: infomercial) program called "Healthy Woman."

WJR...YOU ARE A FUCKING EMBRASSMENT!!!

THE STATION DESERVES NOTHING BUT MISFORTUNE AND TERRIBLE RATINGS UNTIL IT GETS ITS PRIORITIES IN ORDER!

Is that idiot, Mike Wheeler - whose track record in Atlanta was abysmal - still the Program Director? How does that inept clown still have a job?

Rate This

Re: Hey, WJR - your Facebook page stinks! (Even more so than your on-air programming!)

Post by Rate This » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:51 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:11 am
50,000 watts.

A supposed "News / Talk" station.

What does the (not so) great voice of the Great Lakes use for content on its FB page?

Iran tensions? Nope.
Impeachment developments? Nope.
Road funding debate in Michigan? Nope.
Environmental disaster in Madison Heights? Nope.
Dem primary race? Nope.
A tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.? Of course not!

Any meaningful news coverage or news opinion whatsoever? No way!!!

Instead, we're treated to the following:
- A photo of two executives associated with Marygrove Awnings
- Spam for the Townsend Hotel and Huntington Bank
- Spam for the Novi Home Show (where yentas can torture their husbands to dole out thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars for needless home makeovers)
- Spam for a "paid partnership" (read: infomercial) program called "Healthy Woman."

WJR...YOU ARE A FUCKING EMBRASSMENT!!!

THE STATION DESERVES NOTHING BUT MISFORTUNE AND TERRIBLE RATINGS UNTIL IT GETS ITS PRIORITIES IN ORDER!

Is that idiot, Mike Wheeler - whose track record in Atlanta was abysmal - still the Program Director? How does that inept clown still have a job?
I did it on my phone and it comes up with several lists of marginal or better news stories and no crazy ads, spam or home shows... must be a desktop thing. There aren’t even any photos. First two lists are “WJR News” and then “Local News”...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Hey, WJR - your Facebook page stinks! (Even more so than your on-air programming!)

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:11 am

Not sure what you're looking at, but I just pulled up their mobile friendly FB home page on my phone, and it's the exact same bullshit I saw on my desktop PC.

Are you sure it was 760's FB page you viewed and not the station's general web site?

Here's their official FB page for mobile devices:
https://m.facebook.com/wjrradio

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:15 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:51 am

I did it on my phone and it comes up with several lists of marginal or better news stories and no crazy ads, spam or home shows... must be a desktop thing. There aren’t even any photos. First two lists are “WJR News” and then “Local News”...
Me thinks you are looking at their website and NOT the Facebook page.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:21 am

Here's WOOD Radio's Facebook page in Grand Rapids.

Unlike WJR's useless page, WOOD Radio's page is very well executed!

https://www.facebook.com/woodradio/

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:57 am

Is their Facebook page all that important considering the demographics they are targeting? I agree that WOOD has a better page but WJR seems to be putting all their eggs in the website basket.. clearly they want to use their Facebook page for community outreach and that’s it..: bad strategy I think but they obviously don’t want to invest time or effort in the thing...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic