Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Sean Baligian?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
fuzzpower

Re: Sean Baligian?

Post by fuzzpower » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:29 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:16 am
There are about 8 shares to support Country music in this market; two stations is not one too many.

Sports radio listenership is at its worst level in this town in over a decade. Flipping a major FM station to that format right now would be utter stupidity.

And if anyone thinks the Lions single-handedly (or a Lions - shitty Tigers team combo) would be able to make a new sports radio station automatically successful, you haven't been paying attention for the past 25 years.

Team 1270 had the Lions, and the Tigers, and the Wings and had absolutely dreadful ratings until the Tigers' 2006 playoff run.
I should have clarified my post. While there are about five country stations available, depending on location, only two are actually targeting the market. That’s the main reason I don’t see a switch, It wouldn’t surprise me though if W4 had advertisers in Canton and Plymouth because rates may be cheaper. I don’t listen to the station.

I don’t think a sports station picking up Lions and Tigers broadcasts would be automatically successful, but it would give them a chance. That’s one reason, but not the only reason why 105.1 failed miserably.

GC1939

Re: Sean Baligian?

Post by GC1939 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:19 pm

Lickalime wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:40 pm
I worked with Sean 20 years ago at DFN. I was an intern and of all the talent, he was by far the nicest one. He took me to the last game at Tiger Stadium. One of my best memories working at the station.
I've been friends with Sean since 1988

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic