Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

wllz

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
ramboy

wllz

Post by ramboy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:16 am

Has anyone noticed WLLZ is not broadcasting in HD, been 4 or 5 days now, kinda sounds better.

tivoking

Re: wllz

Post by tivoking » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:55 pm

ramboy wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:16 am
Has anyone noticed WLLZ is not broadcasting in HD, been 4 or 5 days now, kinda sounds better.
HD radios are obsolete. BestBuy has sold the same portable HD radio for years, with a big speaker that you can't carry in your pocket. C. Crane, the king of specialty radios, doesn't carry any.

ramboy

Post by ramboy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:22 pm

WLLZ had been in HD for many years, I personally don't care for HD because it's ran through the same audio chain as analog therefore you get all the compression and limiting, plus with the HD off (IBOC)? Other adjacent channels are easier to listen to

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:39 am

I've not noticed any improvement in the analog audio; sounds about the same to me. (True, adjacent channel interference is eliminated...but no one in Metro Detroit is trying to tune into 106.5 or 106.9.)

Also, over the last week or two, the playlist has taken a turn for the worse. Queen is getting way overplayed again, and on top of that, I'm hearing more overplayed hair metal singles from the 80's.

I have nothing against Tom Petty, but does Fake Wheels need to play him every friggin' 90 minutes?

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:01 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:39 am
I've not noticed any improvement in the analog audio; sounds about the same to me. (True, adjacent channel interference is eliminated...but no one in Metro Detroit is trying to tune into 106.5 or 106.9.)

Also, over the last week or two, the playlist has taken a turn for the worse. Queen is getting way overplayed again, and on top of that, I'm hearing more overplayed hair metal singles from the 80's.

I have nothing against Tom Petty, but does Fake Wheels need to play him every friggin' 90 minutes?
Along those lines...while channel surfing yesterday I caught the tail end of Metallica's "Master of Puppets" and then the next song was "You're my Best Friend" by Queen. Wow. What a juxtaposition; its like they have no clue on what they want to do.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:06 am

You know what they say what happens when you try to please everyone...

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:11 am

MWmetalhead wrote:

Tom Petty’s airtime has increased across the nation ever since his death. That’s the reason. His music was mediocre at best. Many songs of his I hope I never hear again (Freefallin’).

To this day I don’t own an HD radio, yet I own a shortwave. Go figure.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:31 am

MWmetalhead wrote:

I second this!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:10 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:31 am
MWmetalhead wrote:

I second this!
I am absolutely convinced they have no clue what they're doing over there. I hope they enjoy their stagnant ratings.

Realist

Post by Realist » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:46 pm

JLesinski wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:10 pm
audiophile wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:31 am
MWmetalhead wrote:

I second this!
I am absolutely convinced they have no clue what they're doing over there. I hope they enjoy their stagnant ratings.
If their GM had a clue, he’d have Podell as Program Director and the station would sound better. Then again, with IHM cuts last week, they may be getting those decisions nationally...

szmigiel

Post by szmigiel » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:17 pm

There was like 5 minutes of dead air after the deep cut of the day, "Let It Go" Def Leppard, before "Summer of 69" Bryan Adams. Almost thought Doug Podell passed out or there was going to be another format change.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:46 pm

szmigiel wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:17 pm
There was like 5 minutes of dead air after the deep cut of the day, "Let It Go" Def Leppard, before "Summer of 69" Bryan Adams. Almost thought Doug Podell passed out or there was going to be another format change.
I heard that too. Rotten timing, in the middle of PM drive. Earlier in the day, there were out of control EAS tones that came out of nowhere. Not good.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:22 am

That entire station is a disaster. The ratings and playlist are a joke. I just hope because of the poor decisions of THIS station that the idea of a station that plays 80's and 90's rock doesnt die along with WLLZ's inevitable demise.

windsor

Post by windsor » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:10 am

I cant believe iheart is sticking to this corp playlist that was the demise of the D.

A local hand needs to stop this ratings tumble.Put Podell in there.

IMO...……..

When you run the sweeper "the Legend is Back".....play a tune that's synomonous with the original Wheelz….Benetar,Squier or 707 etc.

"Putting the Rock Back in Detroit Rock city"...…needs a tune from Detroit/Mich artists.....Segar,Nugent,Rockets,Cooper.Grand Funk,Kid etc

Deep Cut of the Day......do a friggin deep cut.Heard the other day Queensryche "Jet City Woman" that song should be in rotation.A deep cut would be "Another rainy night".

Not rocket science iheart. :barf

What a wasted opportunity bringing back those beloved call letters...………...

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:15 pm

How long before they try country again?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic