Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Guy Gordon - Epic FAIL

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Colonel Flagg

Guy Gordon - Epic FAIL

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:51 pm

Just heard Guy tell a caller in his usual condescending tone "the Dayton shooter had no prior contact with police"...

Does this fool do ANY show prep at all???? The Guy Gordon Show is turning into a daily radio trainwreck.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Guy Gordon - Epic FAIL

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:13 pm

Look at JR's ratings (just released)...

Talk about trainwrecks!!!

Mr. Gordon perhaps is a large reason behind the ratings plunge?

I cannot recall the last time I've seen so many FM music stations in Detroit with a 4 share or better. The recent format changes certainly seem to be succeeding. On top of that, WCSX has topped a 7 share yet again (good for first place overall) and WOMC has also rebounded.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:01 pm

Believe it or not, Guy himself has admitted, on-air, that he almost never listens to WJR, outside of his own show!

While I am sure Guy is a decent person, rarely have I heard so many gaffes, factually wrong statements, and a situation where a host is constantly being verbally spanked by his own callers.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Sgt. Sackto

Post by Sgt. Sackto » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:40 pm

Really don't understand why WJR doesn't bring Drew Lane over and put him in the morning drive slot. They could then build the rest of the lineup off of that. Everybody on there now sounds tired.

IIN4MU

Post by IIN4MU » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:34 am

Calvert was at WJR from 1996 to 2000. As for Drew Lane - sarcasm alert - yes, he's the Messiah, so let's put him on and throngs of fart-joke lovers his age will flock to AM radio.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:14 pm

Drew Lane is not the answer, but he would probably draw better numbers than Guy Gordon. As was mentioned, even Hannity would probably do better, and less overhead (as much as I hate to admit that fact- I prefer local hosts for the most part).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic