Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why Would Local Media Sit On A Story?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bryce

Why Would Local Media Sit On A Story?

Post by Bryce » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:11 am

This past Sunday morning, a 26 year old man fell to his death from a balcony at The Detroit City Club Apartments. For reasons I'd rather not share, I know this to be fact. Yet, there is nothing in the local media about this incident. Nothing, nowhere. According to a reddit post from a resident at the apartment high rise, channel 4 was on the scene.
Incident at Detroit City Club Apartments on Sunday

There was an incident at DCCA Sunday morning where someone fell/jumped/was pushed off the 28th floor balcony of the building onto Washington Blvd. Anyone know more information about the incident. I'm a resident in the building but there has been little said (nothing from management - they're pretty incompetent to begin with, anyway - seeing that they didn't warn anyone this was going on and also made the concierge who saw it happen work a full shift that day, too) and I've heard just small bits of info from bedrock people.

Incident happened around 1130am-12pm and the body was removed around 3-4pm once the police finished the investigation. I saw people from Channel 4 at the scene but haven't seen or heard anything in the news. Anyone know what exactly happened?
This certainly seems to be something newsworthy. How about a local news person/news director chime in on possible reasons?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Lickalime

Re: Why Would Local Media Sit On A Story?

Post by Lickalime » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:56 pm

Weird. I googled "death detroit city club apartments" and got nothing but articles talking about the development.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:03 pm

Who's the owner? Is it Bedrock?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:05 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:03 pm
Who's the owner? Is it Bedrock?
Yup

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

mmg

Post by mmg » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:51 am

Typically held back until family informed. Family maybe on vacation...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:30 am

Suicides not publicized unless a well-known person?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:03 am

screen glare wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:30 am
Suicides not publicized unless a well-known person?
something similar happened in Chicago last winter. A kid at a local University jumped off parking garage and there was no coverage. That was pretty clearly a suicide attempt, fortunately he only broke a leg.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:31 pm

Well, being as this incident was indeed ruled a suicide, I truly believe that the Detroit Police Department is either very lazy and just wanted to clear a case, totally inept or corrupt. Maybe a bit,of each.

In my humble opinion, the facts surrounding this stink to high heaven.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:26 pm

It is unethical for news agencies to report suicides and identify victims of sexual assault. Therefore if it is believed to be a suicide then no newsroom will waste resources on it, especially on a weekend with skeleton crews.

Why is Local 4 ignoring the political shit show going on in Oakland Co?

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:51 am

Someone powerful and famous decided to keep it "hushed" ? Payoff? Goes against the media narrative so don't report it and it "Never Happened".

Myron Falwell

Post by Myron Falwell » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:31 pm

Editorcj wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:26 pm
It is unethical for news agencies to report suicides and identify victims of sexual assault. Therefore if it is believed to be a suicide then no newsroom will waste resources on it, especially on a weekend with skeleton crews.
That is 100% what I've heard in the past.

I'm wondering why 4 was even there in the first place unless they didn't have confirmation yet that it was a suicide.

I have no need for Boring McGraphics, tyvm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic