Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WJR hits another all-time low and takes a big plunge from last month's already terrible numbers!

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Myron Falwell

Re: WJR hits another all-time low and takes a big plunge from last month's already terrible numbers!

Post by Myron Falwell » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:07 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:31 pm
WONW, there’s another station that is useless at the moment. Do they even have any local programming whatsoever?
Nothing beyond any high school sports (if that).

Defiance is a very small market and I don't think that WONW's had anything local since cutting out the last bit of standards music 15 years ago (they simulcast WSPD's nightly financial infomercial for a brief period of time, but that doesn't count lol). And it's iHeart so forget about a staffed news department.

I have no need for Boring McGraphics, tyvm

Myron Falwell

Re: WJR hits another all-time low and takes a big plunge from last month's already terrible numbers!

Post by Myron Falwell » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:14 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:49 pm
WJR now has a worse AQH share in ages 6+ than 890 WLS in Chicago!!!

WLS is slowly rising (in a market where more mainstream choices for spoken word programming exist than Detroit) and is now at its best mark in probably several years whereas WJR's numbers have quickly plummeted.

My PPM encoding comment earlier was not meant to be tongue in cheek, btw. I think it's a realistic possibility.
You know it's bad when WLS is outperforming you in any demo whatsoever, let alone the 6+.

To be honest, the PPM equipment is working just fine, but the format itself is slowly failing. Outside of WMAL-FM, the legacy ABC Radio talkers are all doing horribly or are very stagnant (that includes the soon-to-be-sold WABC and the basically unsellable KABC). I guess it was a matter of time before WJR just fell apart.

I have no need for Boring McGraphics, tyvm

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:16 pm

WBAP in Dallas is performing well these days. Best numbers in years! They and WMAL are the exceptions.

KeenerGold

Post by KeenerGold » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:54 pm

Mark, did you see the Atlanta ratings? WFSH took a MASSIVE dump, from an 8.5 to a 4.7. I've never seen that much of a drop in a month's time.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:05 pm

Yeah, that's insane. I never believed that 8.5 share and the 8.8 share received in the preceding survey period were truly legit, but on the other hand, 4.7 seems too low.

WFSH is a station that should be somewhere in the mid 6-share range.

All I can chalk it up to is panel turnover. The new 106.7 K-Love has had minimal impact so far, so they certainly are not to blame. I think they checked in with a 0.4 share.

The other thing in the ATL that caught my attention is how poorly Kicks 101.5 has fared over the past several books. 94.9 The Bull is handing them their ass right now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic