Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

EAS Test oops?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Myron Falwell

EAS Test oops?

Post by Myron Falwell » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:31 am

From one of my friends, who monitors EAS alters and tests from all over as a hobby:

WWJ was supposed to have issued this months' EAS test for the Detroit region, alternating responsibility with WJR (and the Michigan State Police in Lansing, who issue tests twice a year)... but it didn't happen this morning at 10:40 AM. My friend picked up WRIF via their stream issuing a weekly test at 10:50, likely under the presumption they failed. WJR wound up issuing the test at 10:54.

Firstly, I'm surprised that an LP-1 and LP-2 could alternate the testing, but seriously, how could WWJ mess this up?

I have no need for Boring McGraphics, tyvm

mmg

Re: EAS Test oops?

Post by mmg » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:04 am

If you’ll pardon the mansplaining...

Perhaps it was a test of failure. Imagine that WWJ was destroyed somehow... this was a test to see if the other stations would notice and then maybe take over the duty of their lost sister station...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mmg

EAS Test oops?

Post by mmg » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:04 am

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: EAS Test oops?

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:42 am

EAS has been a complete joke for years.

I love how the dopes at the NWS never issued a flash flood emergency on August 11, 2014 when multiple major interstates were under 5 to as much as 12 feet of water. It is by God's grace that no motorists drowned that day!

Commercial radio stations are the last form of media that should be relied upon to activate the system!! Seriously, you're gonna rely on some low wage slacker to activate emergency notifications??? Good grief.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic