Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

DECADES IS COMING BACK THIS FALL!!!

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Splouge

DECADES IS COMING BACK THIS FALL!!!

Post by Splouge » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:04 pm

Channel: WJBK 2.5
Source: rabbitears.info

:hat

"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

-Byron "The Broadcast Butcher" Allen

RingtailedFox

Re: DECADES IS COMING BACK THIS FALL!!!

Post by RingtailedFox » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:58 pm

YES! Now, if only we could get WUDL to sell its signal to WHNE, that would be perfect :D

~ The Legendary Raccoon-Fox has spoken!

windsor

Post by windsor » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:34 pm

Thx for the info.....great news!!!!

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

kc8yqq

Post by kc8yqq » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:42 am

Good channel! We had it at Houghton Lake on WURO TV18 (Roscommon) until they went off the air over Memorial weekend. WURO was still off the air this last weekend. It was also carried on their sister station in West Branch, and that has been off the air for over a year now. Hopefully the stations will return to the air soon so I can watch this.

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:14 am

kc8yqq wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:42 am
Good channel! We had it at Houghton Lake on WURO TV18 (Roscommon) until they went off the air over Memorial weekend. WURO was still off the air this last weekend. It was also carried on their sister station in West Branch, and that has been off the air for over a year now. Hopefully the stations will return to the air soon so I can watch this.
Now I see why Decades didn't want an LPTV in Detroit. LPTVs have a bad reputation despite the fact that some (like WHNE Detroit) are run by professionals who care. WURO obviously is not

"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

kc8yqq

Post by kc8yqq » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:28 pm

I don't know the story behind the West Branch station why they are off the air. Over Memorial weekend a bad thunderstorm went though and lightning struck my 40' tower, causing damage to my laptop and popping a circuit breaker (neighbors witnessed the strike). WURO may have had the same storm knock them out. In years past as I was told, WURO transmitter would overheat in the summer, because the air conditioning in the shack wasn't strong enough to overcome the heat.

I emailed them this morning about both stations and have not heard back (yet).

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:59 pm

kc8yqq wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:28 pm
I don't know the story behind the West Branch station why they are off the air. Over Memorial weekend a bad thunderstorm went though and lightning struck my 40' tower, causing damage to my laptop and popping a circuit breaker (neighbors witnessed the strike). WURO may have had the same storm knock them out. In years past as I was told, WURO transmitter would overheat in the summer, because the air conditioning in the shack wasn't strong enough to overcome the heat.

I emailed them this morning about both stations and have not heard back (yet).
Wow, I hope everything is okay. My advice is to ground the tower to limit the chances of another strike

kc8yqq

Post by kc8yqq » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:30 pm

I had connected the antenna cable to the USB WinTV-HVR stick about 2 minutes before the strike. I saw the flash of lightning and heard immediate thunder, then thought the strike was really close. I looked at the laptop and saw it wasn't running. After several restarts Windows (8.1) fixed itself. During the restarts, the USB hub I had connected (not used by the TV stick) literally went up in smoke. As for the computer the USB ports and Blue Tooth are gone. Other than that computer works fine. No damage to anything else in the cottage. There was a TV connected and it survived.
Oh...and the TV stick still works.

I thank God I wasn't connecting the antenna to the TV stick when the lightning hit.

YpsiGuy

Post by YpsiGuy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:47 pm

Looks like WJBK will go to 720p on the main channel to fit Decades into the mux. Good decision. 720p is a nice resolution and gives more bandwidth for other subchannels.

Hey WTVS! Hint...hint...drop PBS Kids down to 480i and add NHK World.
Last edited by YpsiGuy on Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:55 pm

YpsiGuy wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:47 pm
Looks like WJBK will go to 720p on the main channel to fit Decades into the mux. Good decision. 720p is a nice resolution and give more bandwidth for other subchannels.

WJBK already is 720p

YpsiGuy

Post by YpsiGuy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:00 pm

Splouge wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:55 pm
YpsiGuy wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:47 pm
Looks like WJBK will go to 720p on the main channel to fit Decades into the mux. Good decision. 720p is a nice resolution and give more bandwidth for other subchannels.

WJBK already is 720p
My bad. I thought they were 1080i. That's why they can fit Decades into the mux :)

blizzard

Post by blizzard » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:58 pm

Just in time for Halloween :hat
Last edited by blizzard on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

windsor

Post by windsor » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:53 pm

I cant wait to watch the weekend binges again esp. Car54 where are you??? with Fred Gwynn.

If you've never seen this show you have to.It is hilarious.A true classic.

here;s a sample..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvsbwZXa3-k

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:40 pm

Jeff Dugan wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:00 pm
With Decades coming to WJBK 2.5 than who needs WHNE LP.
Anyone who wants to watch the offerings on Retro network, or the quirky crapshoot of never-identified flicks that is the "Classic Drive-in" movie channel, or, something that's not Decades.

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:41 pm

SolarMax wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:40 pm
Jeff Dugan wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:00 pm
With Decades coming to WJBK 2.5 than who needs WHNE LP.
Anyone who wants to watch the offerings on Retro network, or the quirky crapshoot of never-identified flicks that is the "Classic Drive-in" movie channel, or, something that's not Decades.
Or GetTV

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic