Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WFHD-LP

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
innate-in-you

Re: WFHD-LP

Post by innate-in-you » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:54 pm

Notes

WMNT-CD got a big upgrade a year or two ago. Still the maximum 15kW, though now at a far higher antenna height.

Question about Channel 4 being reserved for wireless microphones: Is this to say that the frequency band is "reserved" by the sports operation in Detroit, or has 66-72 MHz been reallocated to wireless microphones nationwide?

Anyone remember getting W67AJ, the WJIM-TV translator in Ann Arbor (in the Detroit TV market?

That was the first translator I had logged (from the far East Side of Detroit). Was not easy.

RingtailedFox

Post by RingtailedFox » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:15 pm

I don't remember a channel 66 in Toledo... or a 36 in Detroit. I know there were both UHF 68 stations in Detroit and Toledo until the mid-1990s, however... and I remember the others, though..

As for wireless microphones using VHF 4... I don't know if it's a nation-wide thing, but I know that there's a licensee in Detroit that has permission to use that frequency to announce sports games at the stadiums in the Motor City.
~ The Legendary Raccoon-Fox has spoken!

windsor

Post by windsor » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:19 pm

RingtailedFox wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:45 pm
windsor wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:53 pm
Ringtail....are u able to get WHNE rf3 with your antenna??
Sadly no, and not for lack of trying! it's rated for channels 7-69, though I hope to one day get a VHF-Low/FM/VHF-Hi/UHF combo antenna

According to MW, WHNE is sending very little signal our way to protect a station in Sandusky Oh, were in the null in seems and he must be right bc I went out and ordered one with vhf low from save and replay in Missy and not a sniff. Be carefull if you do buy one that you can return it.

I don't know anyone that's gets it on our side.WHNE has lost thousands of viewers on both sides of the border.Smart guys eh ??? :barf
F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:55 pm

RingtailedFox wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:45 pm
...South West Ontario Broadcasting was the name for the subsidiary of Baton Broadcasting that managed CFPL and CHWI. Baton (co-owned by the Bassette and Eaton families, hence the name) started off owning CFTO 9 in Toronto, and gradually bought up more and more CTV station owners, before buying the remainder of the network in January of 1998. Very surprised to see CTV still referred to under that long-defunct name!
At one time Baton co-owned CKLW-TV with the CBC, after RKO was forced to sell the station in 1970. The CBC would buy Baton's share of the station in 1975, becoming CBET.

RingtailedFox

Post by RingtailedFox » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:12 pm

Ohh yes. I've only picked up WGGN-TV 52 a few times when they were still broadcasting their digital signal on UHF 42. Was very tricky because CKCO would wipe them out a lot of the time. Yeah, if they have a severe null to protect WGGN, then there might be little point to me buying a bigger antenna. Might save my pocket change for something else that catches my eye instead :P

RingtailedFox

Post by RingtailedFox » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:41 am

I wonder what programming WFHD-LP will offer to viewers in Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti...

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:13 am

This better not screw up my reception of WHNE. I don't think that adjacent interference really exists in digital, but I'm not entirely sure.
"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

-Byron "The Broadcast Butcher" Allen

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic