Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How Wheels 106.7 programs by the hour

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
JLesinski

Re: How Wheels 106.7 programs by the hour

Post by JLesinski » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:25 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:17 pm
89X is irrelevant in this race, as they no longer focus on Detroit. WRIF should be mostly current rock, WCSX classic rock, and WLLZ classic rock but more 90s focused. Sometimes I can’t tell which one I am listening too based solely on the playlist.
EXACTLY! It seems like they are all merging together.
Just heard "Dream On" on 106.7 Nothing screams "The new generation of classic rock" like that one!

Neat list of most played songs in history if youre interested:
https://davesmusicdatabase.blogspot.com ... story.html

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:47 pm

Just heard "The Rockets" on their Deep Cut of the day. "Turn up the Radio" is exactly the type of stuff they should be playing more of. Its a shame that a great song like that has to be a Deep Cut. It seems like they might be trying to mix it up a bit overall so I have to give them a bit of credit. If I'm gonna bitch when theyre shitty I gotta give credit when its due. In general theres still too many safe overplayed songs but it seems to be less than before.

senpaisai

Post by senpaisai » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:56 am

WZRC 1067 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:30 pm
senpaisai, Ditch Queen and Kansas, and you got something. A lot of good choices
I'll give you Queen because even I'm burnt out on them, but that Kansas track is from their 1995 album "Freaks Of Nature" that never got airplay but live crowds loved it, and Steve Walsh's voice was still decent enough. And when it comes to Kansas, I would only choose songs from 1986 onward which focuses on the severely underrated era where Steve Morse replaced Kerry Livgren - long before he replaced Ritchie Blackmore in Deep Purple. There's some killer stuff in that era such as "One Big Sky", "Power", "Musicatto", and "T.O. Witcher" ...

So swap the Queen for .... anything by Krokus between 1980 and 1986! :D

windsor

Post by windsor » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:01 pm

JLesinski wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:47 pm
Just heard "The Rockets" on their Deep Cut of the day. "Turn up the Radio" is exactly the type of stuff they should be playing more of. Its a shame that a great song like that has to be a Deep Cut. It seems like they might be trying to mix it up a bit overall so I have to give them a bit of credit. If I'm gonna bitch when theyre shitty I gotta give credit when its due. In general theres still too many safe overplayed songs but it seems to be less than before.
Iheart makes me laugh with their consultants and test audience playlists, they couldn't do jack for the Drive, the D and now Wheelz is slipping.

Anyone with half a brain would tell them something, your suits don't know shit.Just rock the F" ing thing. :barf

btw a Rockets deep cut Casey would be Lucille or Born in Detroit not Turn up the Radio which should be in regular rotation on Wheelz since its from the era of your listeners and they are a homegrown act.

WTF

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

windsor

Post by windsor » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:05 am

Was shocked listening to Wheelz on my way to work yesterday aft. they played White Zombie "more human than human" into Tesla into Ozzy/Primus "NIB"...…….nice work Casey.

Now that's how I like to rock :D

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:49 pm

Two of three ain't bad. Love two of those songs.

(Sorry, I hate Tesla.)

szmigiel

Post by szmigiel » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:07 am

I figured once the ratings went down they would double down on a smaller playlist of only songs that people will recognize in three notes or less.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic