Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Two WNIC thoughts...

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Two WNIC thoughts...

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:42 am

First, the good news - did they finally shitcan the useless Mario Lopez show at night? I'm hearing a female jock and the normal playlist when I tune in during the evening these days.

Now, the (continued) bad news - WHEN ON EARTH ARE THEY GOING TO GET THE AUDIO PROCESSING TO SOUND "NORMAL" AGAIN?!?! The processing sounds ridiculously loud/stressed and the highs sound garbled.

WNIC has had beautiful sounding audio processing for at least twenty years. Why not just use the exact same settings as the prior equipment?

The audio sounds so lousy that I've removed the station from my car presets.

Y M Ionhere

Re: Two WNIC thoughts...

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:08 am

One year, Alan Almond said to his listeners ( I believe it was on Valentines Day) that if you were single, " I guarantee, THIS is the year you will fond somebody".
I remained single the rest of that year.
I wanted to sue that phony fortuneteller.

Mega Hertz

Re: Two WNIC thoughts...

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:07 am

They had it right for a DAY a couple of weeks back. I noticed it on sister station Star 105.7 but when the station does breeze over to Brighton, it sounds back to normal. I cannot conceive why, especially in 2019, a major-market station run by one of the largest broadcasting chains in the world, still sounds like a low bitrate stream running through $10 Wal-Mart speakers. It's just unreal.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic